Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 03-02-2008   #25

Default Re: Which 1080P for sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbitman View Post
The Samsung does not display skin tones as well as a Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR or the Vizio GV52LF. Want me to go on?
Where do you come up with this comedy. First you feel the need to repeat yourself. That's not going to make me believe you have any idea you know what you're talking about. If you say a review says something link to it.

You're trying to convince me that a TV with better color accuracy can't do skin tones? You're trying to convince me there is no difference between CCFL and LED?

Just give it up and move on. You can't change test results.

As to name dropping: You are the one who was arrogant and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about or had never seen a Vidikron. You had no idea who you were talking to.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #26

Cool Re: Which 1080P for sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Where do you come up with this comedy. First you feel the need to repeat yourself. That's not going to make me believe you have any idea you know what you're talking about. If you say a review says something link to it.

You're trying to convince me that a TV with better color accuracy can't do skin tones? You're trying to convince me there is no difference between CCFL and LED?

Just give it up and move on. You can't change test results.

As to name dropping: You are the one who was arrogant and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about or had never seen a Vidikron. You had no idea who you were talking to.
EGO EGO EGO You just talk talk talk talk and act all TEXAS like...big this and big that...what a big shot you are...next you are going to tell me that you divorced and remarried three times because each time you traded up for a younger prettier wife....I don't care who you are or who you even think you are...I'm just glad you don't live up here in Canada....and now you are a copy cat too: I am arrogant...ha ha ha you make me laugh...you are a pompous @ss.

You even contradict yourself...what a joke...by telling us that the Pioneer Kuro Plasma is the better TV. In fact the Pioneer Elite 1150 HD has an MSRP of $3,500! That's $1,500 less than the Samsung you recommend! And if you shop around you can get it for under $2,500!
That's significantly below the Samsung for a vastly superior TV!

Moderator: Kevin Miller: You need to close this post befor MR LOTUS blows a vein or a fuse!
LOL!
xorbitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #27

Quote:
EGO EGO EGO You just talk talk talk talk and act all TEXAS like...big this and big that...what a big shot you are...next you are going to tell me that you divorced and remarried three times because each time you traded up for a younger prettier wife....I don't care who you are or who you even think you are...I'm just glad you don't live up here in Canada....and now you are a copy cat too: I am arrogant...ha ha ha you make me laugh...you are a pompous @ss.
Calling me names is not going to make you right. All it does is break rules here. I'm sorry but it is arrogance to act like someone has no idea what they're talking about and suggesting they've never SEEN a Vidikron. Calling me names is not going to make you right.

Quote:
You even contradict yourself...what a joke...by telling us that the Pioneer Kuro Plasma is the better TV. In fact the Pioneer Elite 1150 HD has an MSRP of $3,500! That's $1,500 less than the Samsung you recommend! And if you shop around you can get it for under $2,500!
That's significantly below the Samsung for a vastly superior TV!
A 1365x768 TV is not "vastly superior," to the better blacks, better color accuracy, and 1920x1080 of the Samsung. The 110FD has better contrast ratio performance (better mid grays to be precise) and doesn't suffer from any blooming at all. However it doesn't have a better tested black or better color accuracy. Both are amazing sets and in a league of their own.

Quote:
Moderator: Kevin Miller: You need to close this post befor MR LOTUS blows a vein or a fuse!
LOL!
If anything gets closed it's because you're calling people names.

Also:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...tag=prod.txt.1

That's a link to a review that flat out says best black tested & color accuracy. Now you point to a link to show that is wrong. You can't but you can act "smart," by talking about an 1150HD unit when you had no idea you were talking about their 1365X768 unit!

Last edited by Lotus; 03-02-2008 at 08:28 PM..
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #28

Cool Re: Which 1080P for sports?

Quote:
I don't take advice from someone who doesn't know how to spell. That's threw them in....and yes I am serious....Go shop at Costco or Sam's club...they base a lot of the items that they purchase on the information that they receive from Consumers Reports....and no CR is not paid off the way you are suggesting...you should be careful as you don't know who could be reading our threads...they can sue you for defamation. Almost everyone I know consults CR before they purchase anything of value including Fridges, Stoves, Microwaves, Cars, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers....etc...Try and tell me that their reports on dishwashers is wrong? Or how they knew that a certain brand of washer was trouble waiting to happen....the washing machine mfg got sued big time with a class action suit...

That's propaganda from the losers who don't want you to read CR....before you insult them go read what they have to say about the latest TV's, much more compelling information than CNET...
Wow! Feeling a bit vicious, eh? Does CR employ you? I have never heard someone defend CR with so much vigor. You even threaten a possible defamation suit. CR must be a tender point with you.

BTW, sorry your virgin eyes had to see an incorrect usage of "through." It's not my first typing mistake, and probably not my last.

I think that after reading your nasty, emotionally driven rants, the rest of the readers here will be THROUGH with you.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #29

Smile Re: Which 1080P for sports?

Quote:
I don't think anything can touch the new Sammy backlit LED LCDs. I've never seen such color accuracy before. The contrast is about 3rd best I've ever seen in a flat panel too. Combine that with the best color accuracy and you've got a hell of a TV.
I went and checked out the 120 Hz Sammy late this afternoon, and I was shocked. This was probably the best LCD I've seen. All their past models have just been mediocre, at best, to me. This one was really nice, and it did have great blacks.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #30

Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Cosmos

sammy 81's get perfect black when there is no light in the whole area illuminated by an LED where plasmas are never completely turned off.

However, the 1920 x 1080 self lit plasma cells have much more precision when lighting a finer detail light such as stars at night.

example: for a movie like 2001: A Space Odyssey, a flaw such as "minor blooming visible in dark areas" = blooming everywhere in most of the movie.

the individually lit plasma cells can illuminate a single star on the black background where the large area around a star will be lit by one of the 36 LEDs in the sammy 81.

thats just a single type of scenario. you have to weight your movie genre priorities for a theater environment.

But we're supposed to be talking sports here.

yes, sammy 81's have no motion blur (the only ones besides the sharp 91/92's) but only for 24p movies. the 120hz has no effect for 1080i60 broadcasts, which most sports use.

furthermore, the "minor" 6 foot off angle viewing fault is a huge issue for sports. unless you're watching golf, everyone is up and down and moving and jumping and getting snackes etc etc etc. probably 1/3 of the time they are no where near the sweat spot of the sammy and then that viewing angle will become a "major" issue.

so sports still = pioneer kuro

P.S.
Quote:
To quote CNET "For anyone sitting in the sweet spot in front of the set, watching in a dark room, it delivers better overall picture quality--namely black levels and color accuracy--than any HDTV we've tested so far. "
note: they only reviewed the oldest and lowest model of the kuro line (5080 = not elite, not configurable, only 768p). they still haven't reviewed any of the higher end Kuro Elites.

so, its true, they have not seen a better flat panel TV yet, namely the elite kuros.

Last edited by rykerabel; 03-03-2008 at 02:15 AM..
rykerabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
32h42, 6500vhd, axis, cnet, costco, firmware, home, kuro, led, lnt4681f, off, panasonic, reviews, sansung, theater, vidikron