Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 01-15-2010   #7

Default Re: LCD vs Plasma

That's strange, because at CES 2010 Samsung was promoting plasma heavily, with demos demonstrating the energy efficiency benefit of their new plasmas and their reps were saying that plasma was the way to go for the best possible image quality except for brightly lit areas.
Panasonic now has Kuro technololy and recommend plasm over LCD for best image quality as well.
Are you sure they intend to discontinue this superior technology?
OLED was hardly an issue at CES, at least I didn't see any. I think it it years away from reality in any significant size and may never make it to market, similar to SED from Canon/Toshiba, which has totally left the scene.
amhifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010   #8

Default Re: LCD vs Plasma

Furthermore, have you seen an LCD TV that is a few years old?
I saw a 3 year old 22' Sony that was close to $ 3000 in Canada - terrible image - the blacks are all purplish - virtually unwatchable! I have an 8 year old NEC plasma which, while it has the temporary image retention problems that were prevalent in that time, the image quality is WAY better than a 3 year LCD! LCDs age very unevenly and the colors go off, in my experience, both in TVs and projectors.
amhifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, 2010, angle, audio, forums, great, hard, lcd, market, output, plasma, radiation, share, versus, vs