Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 06-21-2009   #1

Default Sony Bravia Annoying Problem

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40V4100. When I select any other picture mode than vivid it will revert back to vivid. So if I am watching a DvD and have selected cinema picture mode I have to constantly hit the picture button on my remote in order to prevent it from defaulting to vivid. It seems to me that if I select cinema it should stay there until I select another mode. It doesn't matter if I select custom, standard or cinema it will revert back to vivid in less than five minutes. Has anybody else experienced this problem

Thanks
newuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Sony Bravia Annoying Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser View Post
I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40V4100. When I select any other picture mode than vivid it will revert back to vivid. So if I am watching a DvD and have selected cinema picture mode I have to constantly hit the picture button on my remote in order to prevent it from defaulting to vivid. It seems to me that if I select cinema it should stay there until I select another mode. It doesn't matter if I select custom, standard or cinema it will revert back to vivid in less than five minutes. Has anybody else experienced this problem

Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

That sounds like something is wrong with the Sony. Hopefully it is still under warranty.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #3

It's in demo mode. I remember many others talking about this although I don't remember how to get it out of demo mode. A very easy fix though.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #4

Thank you so much. That is exactly what the problem was. I never noticed it before, but when I turn on the television it displays for a few seconds that it is in "Store demo mode". Which would kind of make sense as it was a store demo when I bought it. I followed the instructions in the owners manual to reset the TV to factory settings. I can't thank you enough. This problem was driving me crazy.
newuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #5
Administrator

Good job, Loves.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #6

Glad I could be of help.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
40v4100, audio, bravia, bravio, cant, common, demo, dvd, mode, normal, problem, problems, select, sony, tv, wide