Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 04-10-2009   #7

Default Re: lcd vs. plasma

The new Panasonic G10 models don't reflect/have reflective screens like previous plasma TV's and they get as bright as any LCD. So it is the best of all worlds and places plasma a couple of notches above LCD in every way. Go plasma.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #8
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
The new Panasonic G10 models don't reflect/have reflective screens like previous plasma TV's and they get as bright as any LCD. So it is the best of all worlds and places plasma a couple of notches above LCD in every way. Go plasma.
Hey Loves, good to see ya!

I have always thought that plasmas could do a much better job with the reflection issue. It is good to see that a manufacturer has addressed this issue.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Hey Loves, good to see ya!

I have always thought that plasmas could do a much better job with the reflection issue. It is good to see that a manufacturer has addressed this issue.
Great to see you as well. Check out the following link for more info on the new Panasonic G10 model review - http://hdguru.com/panasonic-tcp50g10...ma-review/416/
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
Great to see you as well. Check out the following link for more info on the new Panasonic G10 model review - http://hdguru.com/panasonic-tcp50g10...ma-review/416/
Hmmm. Wonder why they chose to use 48hz rather than 72hz to eliminate the flicker? The article recommends using 60hz rather than 48hz. Have you seen one of these in person? Price seems ok, so well worth considering.
Old 04-10-2009   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem1201 View Post
Plasma is definitely better and Panasonic makes some of the best. I've been in the audio field for almost 40 yrs working retail and with manufactures. I dont know where you bought your LCD and I'm not saying that your salesman was dishonest but there are various shall I say " tricks " that are played on the sales floor from way back when. A favorite one was do to the profitbility between some manufactures those sets that were more profitable were usually made to look better on the sales floor then the ones that werent. Also manufactures have spiff programs which could force a salesman to recommend one set over another. If a salesman lets you adjust the color and compare between sets thats where I would shop. Also another favorite trick is shopping for speakers which again has to do with profitbility and spiffs. If a speaker is connected out of polarity, that is + to -, - to +, The woofer will not push outward giving you a decrease in bass response. I agree with the majority of people here that plama is better then LCD any day.

G.M.
c/o Onkyo USA
No salesman recomended this set over another and all of the tv's had a pretty decent picture. I spent time studying a dozen reviews on this tv and all were highly favorable if not outright implying that the Samsung ln52a750 was a top tier set. I have tweaked the set several times as every web site has different numbers for the optimum picture.Some vastly different than others wich I don't understand. My picture is better now than when I first turned it on due to tweaking but still not where I want it.
waltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltc View Post
No salesman recomended this set over another and all of the tv's had a pretty decent picture. I spent time studying a dozen reviews on this tv and all were highly favorable if not outright implying that the Samsung ln52a750 was a top tier set. I have tweaked the set several times as every web site has different numbers for the optimum picture.Some vastly different than others wich I don't understand. My picture is better now than when I first turned it on due to tweaking but still not where I want it.
You should get a really good picture. Maybe you should think about getting a professional calibration done.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bright, forum, g10, hdtv, lcd, panasonic, plasma, program, revolutionary, salesmen, samsung, spiff, tcp50g10, tv, tx