Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009   #7
Super Member
 
Loves2Watch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost Causes, Mew Nexico
Posts: 153
Default Re: lcd vs. plasma

The new Panasonic G10 models don't reflect/have reflective screens like previous plasma TV's and they get as bright as any LCD. So it is the best of all worlds and places plasma a couple of notches above LCD in every way. Go plasma.
__________________
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #8
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 768
Default Re: lcd vs. plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
The new Panasonic G10 models don't reflect/have reflective screens like previous plasma TV's and they get as bright as any LCD. So it is the best of all worlds and places plasma a couple of notches above LCD in every way. Go plasma.
Hey Loves, good to see ya!

I have always thought that plasmas could do a much better job with the reflection issue. It is good to see that a manufacturer has addressed this issue.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #9
Super Member
 
Loves2Watch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost Causes, Mew Nexico
Posts: 153
Default Re: lcd vs. plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Hey Loves, good to see ya!

I have always thought that plasmas could do a much better job with the reflection issue. It is good to see that a manufacturer has addressed this issue.
Great to see you as well. Check out the following link for more info on the new Panasonic G10 model review - http://hdguru.com/panasonic-tcp50g10...ma-review/416/
__________________
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #10
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 768
Default Re: lcd vs. plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
Great to see you as well. Check out the following link for more info on the new Panasonic G10 model review - http://hdguru.com/panasonic-tcp50g10...ma-review/416/
Hmmm. Wonder why they chose to use 48hz rather than 72hz to eliminate the flicker? The article recommends using 60hz rather than 48hz. Have you seen one of these in person? Price seems ok, so well worth considering.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #11
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3
Default Re: lcd vs. plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem1201 View Post
Plasma is definitely better and Panasonic makes some of the best. I've been in the audio field for almost 40 yrs working retail and with manufactures. I dont know where you bought your LCD and I'm not saying that your salesman was dishonest but there are various shall I say " tricks " that are played on the sales floor from way back when. A favorite one was do to the profitbility between some manufactures those sets that were more profitable were usually made to look better on the sales floor then the ones that werent. Also manufactures have spiff programs which could force a salesman to recommend one set over another. If a salesman lets you adjust the color and compare between sets thats where I would shop. Also another favorite trick is shopping for speakers which again has to do with profitbility and spiffs. If a speaker is connected out of polarity, that is + to -, - to +, The woofer will not push outward giving you a decrease in bass response. I agree with the majority of people here that plama is better then LCD any day.

G.M.
c/o Onkyo USA
No salesman recomended this set over another and all of the tv's had a pretty decent picture. I spent time studying a dozen reviews on this tv and all were highly favorable if not outright implying that the Samsung ln52a750 was a top tier set. I have tweaked the set several times as every web site has different numbers for the optimum picture.Some vastly different than others wich I don't understand. My picture is better now than when I first turned it on due to tweaking but still not where I want it.
waltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #12
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 768
Default Re: lcd vs. plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltc View Post
No salesman recomended this set over another and all of the tv's had a pretty decent picture. I spent time studying a dozen reviews on this tv and all were highly favorable if not outright implying that the Samsung ln52a750 was a top tier set. I have tweaked the set several times as every web site has different numbers for the optimum picture.Some vastly different than others wich I don't understand. My picture is better now than when I first turned it on due to tweaking but still not where I want it.
You should get a really good picture. Maybe you should think about getting a professional calibration done.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
bright, forum, g10, hdtv, lcd, panasonic, plasma, program, revolutionary, salesmen, samsung, spiff, tcp50g10, tv, tx

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is better, LCD or Plasma? AVRevForum.com Plasma and LCD HDTV 49 03-31-2010 08:08 PM
Best 52" Plasma or LCD $2000 or under enigma2138 Plasma and LCD HDTV 3 03-20-2009 09:15 PM
Plasma/LCD Question cujo8 Plasma and LCD HDTV 1 04-12-2008 07:38 PM
Deciding whether to go w/ Plasma or LCD? cujo8 Plasma and LCD HDTV 10 04-05-2008 09:30 AM
Plasma and/or LCD TV's outside Robinson_A Plasma and LCD HDTV 2 06-30-2007 02:54 AM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1