Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 12-04-2008   #7

Exclamation Re: Best Antiglare 46" Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostchecker View Post
Sony is good for anything... I recommend it.
I bought a high-end Sony receiver a couple of years ago and I hated it. The worse thing was the remote control. It was not laid out well. It was almost impossible to use in a dark room without turning on it's back light. Before you buy Sony, check out the remote first.
tomtedbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #8

Default Re: Best Antiglare 46" Panel

Glare on the Samsung 650/750 series is terrible. You'll see that in the showrooms. My den has several windows, so I have narrowed my choices down to the Samsung LN52A630 or the Sony KDL-52W4100. Both have matt screens and Auto Motion Plus 120Hz/ Motionflow 120 Hz technologies.
lwoosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #9

ummm,isnt the xbr4 an older model?? Mabey i'm wrong here but all i see on sony style is refurbished ones and nothing on bestbuy
profchaos71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #10

I was locked in the Sansung 46" 630 since glare on 650 is way to much for my den. But doing a side-by-side comparison with the Sony 46" Bravia KDL-46Z4100, I was wowed. Sony's picture quality was definitely superior, both color and clarity. Most life like video image of all the LCDs. My wife saw the difference without me making a comment. Plus, I got a fantastic deal at HH Gregg just before Xmas, $1499 plus sales tax and a free Sony Blu-ray player!! Better than any deals I saw on-line during December plus I had it on the wall for the same day. After watching for three weeks now, picture and sound are wonderful and there is no motion blur during football or basketball games, which was a concern. I got a 2nd year on my warranty by using my credit card. The only problem is not unique to Sony. Both the Sonys and Samsungs will not show most of the photo jpgs on a flash drive. My neighbor said he had a similar problem with his digital photo frame. After some testing loading different jpgs and folders in two different drives, I discovered that the LCD will show photos only if there are no folders and just jpgs loaded. However, anyone know why my flashdrives will only load about 70-80 jpgs while having plenty of space left? Note that Sony does not offer a Z in 52". Love the Z series LCD and recommend it highly.
Old 01-14-2009   #11

I likewise have a den with several large pane windows on my southern wall and a very large sliding door and window on the western wall directly opposite from where I mounted my new Sony Bravia 46" LCD (KDL-46Z4100). No glare at all! Fantastic, most life life video quality of all the LCDs I investigated. And no motion blur! Definitely stay away from the Samsung 650s...terrible glare. Just before Xmas I got the 46" Z model for $1499 plus a free Sony Blu-Ray player at HH Gregg! Better than any on-line deals and I had it on the wall for the holiday football.
Old 01-14-2009   #12

After more research, ended up with the Sony 46" z series. No glare and my sister loves it. For me, even after adjustments, the color is not true but my sister likes that overblown look.
rulery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
46, anti, antiglare, forum, glare, hdtv, hdtvs, lcd, number, plasma, samsung, sony, tb, tv, tvs