Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 03-21-2008   #13

Default Re: Plasma Display Coalition claims Plasma not dead.

Greg, I'm going to go to Tweeters (Sound Advice here) tomorrow and check out some of these models. They also have the Panasonics, but for substantially more than 6th Ave. One of the managers is a freind of mine and while I doubt he can price match some of these on-line retailers I'll see how close we can get. I still like the idea of spending locally "if" I can get them down from their retail prices...especially on that Panasonic 58" model. If not, 6th Ave. will be getting a call from me.

I'm probably going to go with a console system since I have a lot of speaker wires and interconnects coming out of the wall behind my current RPTV. This is a temp setup until I move into another room, but for the time being, it looks like a snake pit behind the TV and the console will help conceal some of this mess. I'll also need some shelf space for my center. Thanks for all your help.

-Chris
goldear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #14

Chris-

I bought a Plateau SR-V 65 SR Series 65" Enclosed A/V Cabinet in cherry for my Pioneer PDP-6010 plasma. Price is usually $699 for the 65" model and $799 for the 75" model.

It is very well built and was one of the only furniture pieces that fit my Monitor Audio Gold Reference Center speakers in the middle. You can put two components in the left side cabinet and two in the right side cabinet. You could probably fit something under the middle speaker area too.

Anyway, there are hundreds of these in the marketplace and I just wanted to give you a heads up (if you have a surround system), to take the size of the center speaker into account when shopping for an AV console. I have a multi-level AV stand next to it too for future and current purchases.

Good luck shopping.

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #15

Has anyone seen the New Viera class Pannys? I'm looking forward to seeing the TH-50PZ85U and was wondering if anyone else has seen it yet?
mynewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #16

I recently picked up a Pioneer PDP-5010FD Kuro 50" 1080p and I have to say, the only thing that would make me happier is if I had picked up the 60''. The picture quality is amazing. I picked up the Planet Earth Blurays and they showcase the tv quite well.

Sadly I found this website too late. If I knew I could get those kind of deals mentioned, I would have gone with the 60 for sure. I paid $4000 Canadian for the floor model, retail was $4500.
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewt View Post
Has anyone seen the New Viera class Pannys? I'm looking forward to seeing the TH-50PZ85U and was wondering if anyone else has seen it yet?
I'm going to check out the TH-46PZ80U myself. I couldn't see much difference between that and the 85.
shokhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #18

"I recently picked up a Pioneer PDP-5010FD Kuro 50" 1080p and I have to say, the only thing that would make me happier is if I had picked up the 60''. The picture quality is amazing. I picked up the Planet Earth Blurays and they showcase the tv quite well.

Sadly I found this website too late. If I knew I could get those kind of deals mentioned, I would have gone with the 60 for sure. I paid $4000 Canadian for the floor model, retail was $4500."

At least be happy that you get to enjoy the best 50" plasma or any other HDTV (with the possible exception of the Pioneer Elite model). I was able to get the 60" Pioneer PDP-6010FD for a little over $4,000 and couldn't be happier.

Don't feel too bad about the price you paid, because you will be enjoying the Pioneer PDP-5010FD Kuro for many years. Blu Ray and HD look fantastic on any of the Kuro sets and they also do an excellent job of de-interlacing and scaling to improve even SD channels. Of course you can always buy the OPPO DVI-983HD @ $399 for all your SD and universal disc viewing and cd playing. It is an incredible machine and I love the performance on my Sony 40" bedroom XBR2 LCD. It might also improve the Pioneers in SD broadcasts and discs as it has the latest chipset solutions from ABT for de-interlacing and scaling.

Again--CONGRATS!

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, 2009, burn, consumption, dead, energy, forum, hdtv, models, orbital, panasonic, pixel, plasma, projection, rear, tvs, viable