Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 02-22-2008   #25

Default Re: Sony selling OLED sets @ Sony Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
. . . Amps have stayed the same, ML 433 and HPA-2 . . .
Curious, why are you using 2 different amps (433 and HPA-2)? I know they are similar, but they are not quite the same. Also, are you doing 6.1 or bi-amping something, and doing 5.1?
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #26

Well, it was an HPA-3 and HPA-2, I sold the HPA-3 and replaced it with and ML 433 which still only leaves me with 5 channels, so no bi-amping here.

Why are they different? I was going to do 5 ML 436's but they couldn't be delivered in a timely manner, and then I heard of all the new ML amps coming down the line so I got a 433 to sort of 'tide me over' until the 5 series comes out.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, it was an HPA-3 and HPA-2, I sold the HPA-3 and replaced it with and ML 433 which still only leaves me with 5 channels, so no bi-amping here.

Why are they different? I was going to do 5 ML 436's but they couldn't be delivered in a timely manner, and then I heard of all the new ML amps coming down the line so I got a 433 to sort of 'tide me over' until the 5 series comes out.
For some reason I thought the 433, HPA-3, and HPA-2 were all 3 channel amps which would leave you an extra channel to use to bi-amp with. So, if you do go with 5 ML 436's, you will probably need to to buy a 2nd rack, or more shelves?
Old 02-23-2008   #28

The HPA's channels are denoted by the number, HPA-2 is two channel, HPA-3 is three channel, same for all the proceed amps amp 5 is five channels, BPA-3 three etc.

I could easily fit the two on my rack that is off the the side of the room, maybe i would put one on an amp stand, one as the base, hadn't gone that far. I would want to keep the three for the front up front, so I was prepared to move three of the 20A lines to that wall and I was hunting for a racxk to hold three across and a center channel and my 70" RPTV above or I might have kept what I use now, which would have held two and added an amp stand.

I actually placed the order for the amps (5x436's) and while waiting for them, got a sneak peak at the new 5 series ML amps so due to the long wait for the 436's (they weren't expected until 11/2007, I ordered in summer) and the 5 series coming out Q1 or Q2 2008, I decide to buy the 433 (immediately available) and wait on the new 5 series.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #29

I just got back from checking out the 11" OLED at the Sony Store. It is really impressive, definitely worth going to see. The screen thickness of 1/8" is amazing. You don't quite realize how cool it is until you look at it from the side. I will definitely want one when the price drops and when they are making larger screens. I forgot how tiny an 11" screen looks - seems like it should be on the back of a car headrest.
Old 02-24-2008   #30

I talked with a salesperson at a local high end home theater shop yesterday and he told me that the new High-Def format will be going to 1770p within 2-3 years. He said his source was that he went to the CES show and got the information there. Has anyone heard anything about this?
1shotstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bulbs, computer, forum, forums, lcd, monitor, oklahoma, oled, sets, sony, sonystyle, style