Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 02-21-2008   #19

Default Re: Sony selling OLED sets @ Sony Style

On the real kenny, Congratulations on your new career position. I hope it all works out for you. Then, you can go buy that race track and Ferrrari (like in MHT) for your new home when you re-locate!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #20

I don't know if I'll ever have the $$ for the Ferrari, I realized this when a friend bought a Lambo Murcielago.

He worries about it, and can only take it to certain places that have a safe place to park it etc. If (likely when) I buy a Ferrari, I want to drive it and hard! I would like to be able to take it to local tracks and really beat the **** out of it and if it gets wrecked be able to walk away unphased. This is my problem, I don't see ever having the coin that would allow me to just walk away from $150K....... Wait, the lottery was $37 Mil last night, maybe I won!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #21

Smile Re: Sony selling OLED sets @ Sony Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I don't know if I'll ever have the $$ for the Ferrari, I realized this when a friend bought a Lambo Murcielago.

He worries about it, and can only take it to certain places that have a safe place to park it etc. If (likely when) I buy a Ferrari, I want to drive it and hard! I would like to be able to take it to local tracks and really beat the **** out of it and if it gets wrecked be able to walk away unphased. This is my problem, I don't see ever having the coin that would allow me to just walk away from $150K....... Wait, the lottery was $37 Mil last night, maybe I won!
You know, that is interesting. I`m sure, however, that you live in a nice area, and that most of the places you do frequent, would not be a problem. So worry, should not be an issue for you. You have either a garage or driveway, or both.
Now, getting the car in a accident, that can happy at anytime, whether you drive a Ford taurus, or my new favorite, the Audi R8. And, you don`t seem to be a man to me that walks in fear kenny. In fact, based on your picture, you would look good in that car!!

But if not, there is the race track to put in your new basement, in the new house!! I`ll come over with my Ford GT to race you!!
Old 02-21-2008   #22

The best thing I ever heard about me and a car....

The first day I got my CLK 55 Cab (all black) I was pulling out of the beach condo development I lived in and the guard, this little old lady looked at me and said "Ken, that car looks so good on you!" I will never forget that!
Old 02-22-2008   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
The best thing I ever heard about me and a car....

The first day I got my CLK 55 Cab (all black) I was pulling out of the beach condo development I lived in and the guard, this little old lady looked at me and said "Ken, that car looks so good on you!" I will never forget that!
There we go, thats what I`m talking about Ken. So now after a little while living with your changes in your system (though now your switching amps again), how do you like everything?
Old 02-22-2008   #24

Well, a lot has changed. I sold my Meridian 861 in fear of the v5 or v6 coming out and the cost to upgrade mine with all the cards it had in it would be huge so I am using an Anthem D2, and right now waiting on the new one with room correction to review which is on it's way as I type.

Amps have stayed the same, ML 433 and HPA-2, I have been cleaning house and getting everything perfectly maintained lately, taking care of all those little annoyances in the system. Oh, and I am trying to get my hands on the new Denon pre/pro, looks to be pretty amazing piece with all the codecs you could want and 12 yes 12 balanced, assignable output channels and 6:2 HDMI 1.3a switching and 1080p scaling.

I am truly amazed at how fast this market is changing. Less than two years ago we didn't have HDM, now we have a winning format in Blu-ray and are starting to see the technology trickle into the pre/pro world already, while receivers are full on ready for anything you can feed them!

This is an exciting time in AV and I'm glad to be a part of it!
Sponsored Links

Tags
bulbs, computer, forum, forums, lcd, monitor, oklahoma, oled, sets, sony, sonystyle, style