Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 06-08-2007   #13

Default Re: Vizio

I have also had the misfortune of working with a number of Vizio LCD's. I say misfortune because as the trusted "pro" who is expected to give the client a simple experience via their primary interface, the remote, the truth is that the control options stink. There is no discrete power command available. Ditto with inputs. When it comes to macros, the necessary workarounds are kludgy at best. Is the picture the worst I've seen? No. Is it close? Yes. Is the price right? Yes? Would I buy one? Not a chance...
AnthonyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #14

I also bought a 32" Vizio in mid-May.

I agree with one of the other posters; it is NOT reference quality. But for
$ 600, it IS a great deal.

Have it hooked up to DirecTV. Most channels come in excellent. One Philadelphia station (6 ABC HD) does not come in as good.

The TV only goes to 1080i. There is a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080i on this set; 1080i is almost always a slightly better picture.

Can't wait until the end of Sept. when DirecTV will add a lot more HD channels.
VJJ552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #15

What are the differences, if any, between the Visio sets being sold at Wal-Mart and those being sold elsewhere (CostCo, etc.)?
mikeyrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #16

Cool Re: Vizio

Yet another to chime in on this subject. I've been involved in A/V professionally for upwards of 30 years. I own a Runco projector in my theater. They represent the Mercedes Benz of video, (in my humble opinion!). In my master bedroom, there hangs a Vizio 42" plasma, purchased from Costco for $1499.00. At the time, even using my industry connections, there was nothing that could touch it price-wise, and for the use it gets, absolutely good enough for what it's for.

I've just recently completed an outdoor kitchen project in my backyard and hung a Vizio 32" lcd out there. Again purchased from Costco, after researching all available industry connections. Hard to argue a 32" tv for $599 with a 2 year warranty that will hang in my backyard! I connected a straight in feed from my Comcast cable, and I get a good picture on the standard cable channels and an even better picture from the digital channels.

Is it reference quality? Of course not. But it sure gets the job done!
lousall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyrad View Post
What are the differences, if any, between the Vizio sets being sold at Wal-Mart and those being sold elsewhere (CostCo, etc.)?
The VIZIO all black "VW" LCD HDTV sets (in 26, 32,37, 42" sizes) sold at Wal-Mart are very similar to the "VX" series internally, except that the VW's do not offer as many of the little extra features such as remote programmability, zoom, an input or output and PIP/POP. They are all the same grade panels and have VIZIO's Zero Bright-Pixel Guarantee and warranty.
Jim Noyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #18

They also have lower contrast ratios.
konut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
calibration, descretes, discrete, forum, forums, margin, p50hdm, power, profit, review, reviews, settings, sound, television, video, vizio, wwwviziocome