Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 11-11-2007   #7

Default Re: Do you fly Private?

They say Ambien in pretty special but with you being EASILY 2 inches taller than me at 6 foot 3 - I don't see how coach EVER an option for you.

It also important to note that most private planes are pretty small too. Unless you are bucking up for a G4 or G5 - you are dealing with some pretty small interiors.

On the of the things I like about the King Air turbo props (other than the 1/3 of the cost of a jet) is they are actually bigger than the "light" jets out there like a Lear 35 or a Challenger 2.
Old 11-11-2007   #8

For me I think Ambien would be a little too short acting. I usually find a Xanax to be better for long flights and even can allow me to wake up to pee, and fall back asleep, when I wake, Viola! Europe (I live on the east coast). I don't know how I could do 14 hours...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #9

My flight from LAX to Phoenix (a short haul) was still tough to take. Large plane (airbus a321) which took forever to board. I expected HUGE lines. They weren't that long so we went to the USAir lounge since I was stupid enough to get 2 full fare first class tickets and they tried to send me away. I gave them one card after another until they took my United Red Carpet card. USAIR is about the worst commercial airline.

The flight was fine but the seats are SO CLOSE in first that when the guy in front of me put his seat back - he squished my laptop right into my gut.

4.5 hours door to door. Private might have taken 1.5 total.

I need more money.
Old 12-03-2007   #10

In a past life as a corporate wonk I flew 1st or business class and would cry on the few occasions where I had to fly cattle. Now as a small business owner I try to fly as little as possible and when I do I fly out of Long Beach. Lines etc are non existent. Sometimes I have to connect through SLC and as everyone knows that's like having fireants inserted into your porthole but it's the price I pay for no lines etc... If you can do it give it a try.
narcoticprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #11

Flying commercial airlines is for the birds!

After my 9/11 experience I've flown twice and hated every minute. My wife and I were on a cruise to the Nordic & Baltic countries and finally Russia. While in Norway we heard about the trade center disaster and the cruise continued under armed guards at the port of calls. When we returned to Dover England we were stuck for 4 days and then went to Gatwick airport and waited 18 hours to board a flight to NYC. Gatwick was a disaster with thousands of passengers and military and police with assault rifles milling around.
When we finally flew back to NYC it was like a ghost town! Not a pleasant experience.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013   #12

Default Hello 1212

Hello !
ANcrmjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
airplane, airport, april, blog, cheap, cheapest, chicago, empty, florida, fly, jet, leg, people, planes, private