Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-30-2007   #19

Default Re: Best movies for Halloween chills?

Check this kennyt. The Sci-Fi channel had on the other night something called, 100 scariest movies. It had already started, but I recorded it anyway. The Exorcist was 4, Alien was 2, guess what was no.1, and i guess, for its time, it was maybe not scary, but had those shock scenes similar to Alien, JAWS!! Go figure.
Though it happens to be in my top 5 of all time favorite movies.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #20

The green head scene in Jaws was one of the best startlers of all time!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #21

THE DESCENT ... recent serious British horror from the guy who made the (far camper) DOG SOLDIERS. It actually messed me up for days, esp the first half where (it seems) nothing truly scary happens beyond the situation ... I'll leave my description at that. Jeff

PS. See it with the original ending, not the Hollywood ending.
jrm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #22

I just thought of another bizarre one...

Anyone seen 'Cube'??

The opening scene is amazing! The rest of the movie has some great gore but lacks something, but that first scene.... If you have a Netflix account, you should rent it just for the first scene...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #23

Here's a film that often gets overlooked that stars Vincent Price: "Witchfinder General" (1968), aka "The Conqueror Worm", which is shockingly violent for it's time. A really good haunted house flick is "The Changeling" (George C. Scott). And if you like reincarnation movies, try to find "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud" (1975). "Black Sabbath" (1964) is a good ole-fashioned scare flick with Boris Karloff introducing the stories.

I'm another major fan of the original "Creepshow" and my favorite out of the stories in it is "Something To Tide You Over" with a nasty Leslie Nielsen who has Ted Danson buried up to his neck in beach sand. Not only is this movie just plain fun to watch, the music score is excellent as well. "The Crate" and "Father's Day" are two other classic segments in that movie. I've read that there's gonna be a new Creepshow coming out next year but it may be fully animated.

Last edited by RickH; 10-31-2007 at 12:37 PM..
RickH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
back, best, bestmoviesfor, good, halloween, movie, movies, projection, projections, rear, time, topic, videos, watch, window