Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-28-2007   #7

Default Re: Best movies for Halloween chills?

I can't watch scary movies. I am too much of a sissy.

If I want to be scared - I just look at my sales numbers for 2008 and that's more scary than I guy with a chainsaw.

ALWAYS BE CLOSING.
Old 10-29-2007   #8

its more "sci-fi" but when the human lady had the Lizzard Baby on the NBC mini-series "V" that freaked me out when i was little. So did Pennywise on the made for TV "Stephen King's IT". Other classics that scared me in my youth were Texas Chainsaw, The Children of the Corn (remember "he who walks behind the rows...") and Creepshow.
wazzzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #9

Tales from the Hood had an eerie ending..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
OK, the Exorcist scared the living poop out of me when I was a kid, and it's still pretty good.

Want a film to freak you out? Not true classic horror, but it is horrid... Requiem for a Dream, just thinking of this movie gets me... I boughtand watched it then the wife heard about it and wanted to watch it. I told her she'd have to do it alone (I later caved, and it was easier than the first time but...)

Don't have the kids around for this one folks....
Yes, Exorcist bothered me also. Because, until you get to the end, it seemed that evil, triumphed over GOD. Plus, all the strange stuff that happened on the set to Liinda Blair, fires and such.
Though a sci -fi movie, one of the best made in recent times I believe, shock value was good, the original "Alien." But kennyt, you mentioned a while back I think Requiem. What is it about, is it an old black and white film like Hitch****?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzzup View Post
its more "sci-fi" but when the human lady had the Lizzard Baby on the NBC mini-series "V" that freaked me out when i was little. So did Pennywise on the made for TV "Stephen King's IT". Other classics that scared me in my youth were Texas Chainsaw, The Children of the Corn (remember "he who walks behind the rows...") and Creepshow.
Creepshow is a cult classic. I WANT MY CAKE!!! It really made me laugh more than scared me!! But that creature was nasty. And the beach scenes were good also.

Did you also read the magazine?
Old 10-29-2007   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I can't watch scary movies. I am too much of a sissy.

If I want to be scared - I just look at my sales numbers for 2008 and that's more scary than I guy with a chainsaw.

ALWAYS BE CLOSING.
Really. You are like my wife. She will actually get up from her seat and go into another room shaking her hands. Even if its a murder mystery and its real suspenseful, that could get her to.
Sponsored Links

Tags
back, best, bestmoviesfor, good, halloween, movie, movies, projection, projections, rear, time, topic, videos, watch, window