Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 05-12-2008   #37

Default Re: Cycling anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
So sort to hear that.

While I love cycling, I know it has it's share of danger. Two years ago a driver ran straight through a group of 50 cyclists in my area, killing several and seriously injuring many others. When he got out of the car he cursed at them and said it showewd them right! He actually crossed the double yellow to hit them near head on! He later told the police he didn't remember the accident and he was on medication, he only got a small ticket for it!

I try ot be careful when on my bike, and be mindful of vehicles, but their is always risk...

That is really sick kenny. I know there are people who are always after people on motorcycles, but bikes too!! Its sad that something fun, can be turned very easily into something else, other than that.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #38

Funny you mention that Greg, I got buzzed by a kid on a motorcycle one day, ran by me @ like 70 MPH inches off my bars and I was well in the bike lane.

Well, in the Karma realm, I was riding with a large group and met a guy I'd never met before on the ride. We talked about obnoxious cars (frequent conversation on rides in my area as they are VERY common) and we went to the motorcycle problems. Usually, bikers are fairly respectful of bicycles as we all face similar issues, but this guy it seems also had a run in with the same biker! Well, he caught up to him at the next stop light and beat him up!!!!

While not an action I would advocate, nor do, it reinforced my belief in Karma, that guy definitely got his due several times over!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #39

Quote:
Funny you mention that Greg, I got buzzed by a kid on a motorcycle one day, ran by me @ like 70 MPH inches off my bars and I was well in the bike lane.

Well, in the Karma realm, I was riding with a large group and met a guy I'd never met before on the ride. We talked about obnoxious cars (frequent conversation on rides in my area as they are VERY common) and we went to the motorcycle problems. Usually, bikers are fairly respectful of bicycles as we all face similar issues, but this guy it seems also had a run in with the same biker! Well, he caught up to him at the next stop light and beat him up!!!!

While not an action I would advocate, nor do, it reinforced my belief in Karma, that guy definitely got his due several times over!
For some reason, I now picture 2 guys in spandex and bike helmets using tire pumps to beat-down a fat guy in leathers after they knock him off his hog. I know you guys were probably pretty mad, but I bet it must have been hilarious to watch you two beat this guy down.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #40

First, let me be completely clear, I had nothing to do with this, and was nowhere near when the incident occurred.

FWIW, yes, we do wear spandex, but the guy who told me this story is completely sleeved in tattoos and is a pretty big guy, oh and the biker was on some rice rocket and a punk kid.... Sorry to ruin your image, I guess it was sort of backwards, but....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #41

Quote:

Yes kenny, I hear you. An action i would not take either, however, I definitely believe in, you reap, what you sow!! But, people really should not be that way. To me, its like those folks who abuse dogs. Don`t get me started on that one.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Yes kenny, I hear you. An action i would not take either, however, I definitely believe in, you reap, what you sow!! But, people really should not be that way. To me, its like those folks who abuse dogs. Don`t get me started on that one.
I would rather be "buzzed" all day on my bicycle by motorcycles than to have to see someone abuse an animal. Those people deserve getting beat down + plus prison time w/ "gay benefits." I just have ZERO tolerance for animal abuse.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
adjuster, bicycle, cycling, deal, email, forum, injury, insurance, portugal, powered, professional, team, teams, vbulletin, videos