Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 05-05-2008   #31

Default Re: Cycling anyone?

I ride between 75-80 miles a week.05 Specialized Roubaix Comp
shokhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #32

one year ago when i bought my zero g brakes they cost me 400 euros i think is about $600 or so, the zero g are great for riders until 65 kilos boby weight, and if you want to put up a super light bike like a scott cr1 frame with zipp 202 carbon wheels with a easton fork,and go for the mountains...
raoc801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #33

Well,

At 6'6" height and 260 pounds (~122 kg) hills and I never seem to agree, well at least not on the upside! I use Campy Chorus (2004) brakes and they seem to do a nice job when they have to (I rarely use them unless it is REALLY necessary). They have allowed me to stand my bike on the front wheel at 20+ mph so I think they grab strongly enough for me!

When I built my bike I spec'd everything for strength, not weight, the only thing that was a weight savings were the carbon fiber bars, but they are also stronger than aluminum bars...

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #34

my weight is 78 kilos and i suffer a lot when we go out to train with the climbers to the mountains...
Old 05-12-2008   #35

all the cyclists in Portugal are very sad.
yesterday died one of the best sprinters, he was part of our team for the olympic games this year,and was one of the best pro cyclists that we had.
he crashed during a race in the midle of the peloton,broke his helmet and cause a severe injury in his head.

His name was Bruno Neves and was 26 years old.he was racing for the team Maia.
Old 05-12-2008   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoc801 View Post
all the cyclists in Portugal are very sad.
yesterday died one of the best sprinters, he was part of our team for the olympic games this year,and was one of the best pro cyclists that we had.
he crashed during a race in the midle of the peloton,broke his helmet and cause a severe injury in his head.

His name was Bruno Neves and was 26 years old.he was racing for the team Maia.
So sorry to hear that.

While I love cycling, I know it has it's share of danger. Two years ago a driver ran straight through a group of 50 cyclists in my area, killing several and seriously injuring many others. When he got out of the car he cursed at them and said it showewd them right! He actually crossed the double yellow to hit them near head on! He later told the police he didn't remember the accident and he was on medication, he only got a small ticket for it!

I try ot be careful when on my bike, and be mindful of vehicles, but their is always risk...

Last edited by kennyt; 05-12-2008 at 04:07 PM..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
adjuster, bicycle, cycling, deal, email, forum, injury, insurance, portugal, powered, professional, team, teams, vbulletin, videos