Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 06-11-2008   #55

Default Re: Cycling anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I do!

Is that the recent crash in Mexico???

We had a similar one right here in St Pete Florida a few years back, driver got out of his car and said "serves you right for riding on the road". He killed some people and injured many great cyclists and racers and didn't even get a flippin' ticket!!!

I have been lucky and not gone down in a long time, but let me tell you, at 30 mph with only spandex between you and the road, it hurts, and road rash isn't a short term pain......
Yea that was in Mexico.

I hear ya on the road rash!
I laugh at these young guys on rice rockets wearing T-Shirts, shorts & tennis shoes, they obviously haven't slid down the asphalt yet.

You can tell the guys that have been riding a long time, even if it's 100 degrees they have on Jeans, a jacket & boots, road rash sucks!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #56

I had some friends who used to ride in 1/4" race leathers regardless of heat. If you dump at any real speed, jeans are jut one more thing to pick out of your flesh! At least heavy race leathers will burn off and if you keep shifting your weight, you won't get hurt too bad, unless you slide into something!

Oh, Moose, FWIW having been an anesthesiologist in level 1 and 2 trauma centers for most of my career, I can say when a biker crashes, the road rash is usually the LEAST of their worries, in many cases this is true even with a helmet!!!!!

Why do you think we in the medical field call them 'Donorcycles'???

Young, previously heathy brain dead people are your best source for organs for the needy, and motorcycles help supply a huge percentage of those organs. Not being judgmental here, just the facts.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I had some friends who used to ride in 1/4" race leathers regardless of heat. If you dump at any real speed, jeans are jut one more thing to pick out of your flesh! At least heavy race leathers will burn off and if you keep shifting your weight, you won't get hurt too bad, unless you slide into something!

Oh, Moose, FWIW having been an anesthesiologist in level 1 and 2 trauma centers for most of my career, I can say when a biker crashes, the road rash is usually the LEAST of their worries, in many cases this is true even with a helmet!!!!!

Why do you think we in the medical field call them 'Donorcycles'???

Young, previously heathy brain dead people are your best source for organs for the needy, and motorcycles help supply a huge percentage of those organs. Not being judgmental here, just the facts.
I've been a Firefighter for almost 27 years so I know where your coming from!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #58

remember when i told about a pro cyclist that died because of a crash in the peloton, in a race a few weeks ago?
well he died because of a cardiac arest and then he fell and smashed is head on the road,after that, the police went to investigate the team he was riding for (LA.MSS) and discover huge amounts of epo,anabolics,frozen blood of some athletes ,and other enhancing drugs...the team lost all the sponsors and the trainer Manuel Severino one of the best in the pro cycling today,is probably going to jail.
raoc801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoc801 View Post
remember when i told about a pro cyclist that died because of a crash in the peloton, in a race a few weeks ago?
well he died because of a cardiac arest and then he fell and smashed is head on the road,after that, the police went to investigate the team he was riding for (LA.MSS) and discover huge amounts of epo,anabolics,frozen blood of some athletes ,and other enhancing drugs...the team lost all the sponsors and the trainer Manuel Severino one of the best in the pro cycling today,is probably going to jail.
DAMN!!!

You would think with cycling having the strictest anti-doping policies of any sport that people wouldn't be doing this kind of crazy stuff anymore but I guess not.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #60

Kennyt, as you know cycling is probably the most demanding sport,and to be racing and training at the highest level you have to take some kind of drugs to help you recover fast to be ready for the next day,the problem is that to many athetles take a lot of drugs including cocaine and that is terrible for your heart,sonner or later they pay the bill...Pantani,Rimenez...
raoc801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
adjuster, bicycle, cycling, deal, email, forum, injury, insurance, portugal, powered, professional, team, teams, vbulletin, videos