Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Posts (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts-56/)
-   -   The hills are on FIRE with the sound of ARSON... (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts/924-hills-fire-sound-arson.html)

JerryDelColliano 10-21-2007 10:22 PM

The hills are on FIRE with the sound of ARSON...

I am inviting all of our Malibu and Canyon Country people over tonight to stay in Brentwood as Northern LA county is on fire tonight.

Santa Anna winds blow hot air from the East and the lack of rain (tell the F-ing Republicans about "there is no such thing as global warming") at 2.75 inches so far this year - make for REALLY scary fire situations.

I have done a LOT of "brush clearance" at my place but it backs up to the Santa Monica Mountains. Our area is significantly south of the fires now but one spark gets our area going. I hope in that case - the Pennisula has an open room or two.

j

Robinson_A 10-22-2007 03:16 PM

Re: The hills are on FIRE with the sound of ARSON...

My girlfriend and I were guests at the Hotel DelColliano last night and probably for a few nights going forward due to our house and surrounding area being plagued by the Canyon Country fire which despite the local news coverage of the Malibu area is the worst fire burning in the state. However, with so many multi million dollar dwellings going up in smoke in Malibu getting info on my area and situation has proven difficult. I don't think that my house is in any direct danger of burning down (knock on wood) the air has just been deemed unbreathable without respitory gear and evacuations are now mandatory. We shall see...

Thanks to everyone for all the kind e-mails I got this morning as well as to Jerry and Krista for opening up their home to me and Andrea and the dogs.

Keep you posted...

JerryDelColliano 10-22-2007 05:25 PM

My buddy James has evacuated Malibu where he has a home and his offices.

He told me today, his office (which he just spent 6 months fixing up) was 100 yards from the flames and that was RIGHT on PCH in Malibu and NOT that far from the water.

j

JerryDelColliano 10-22-2007 09:06 PM

Sony closed

I was told today that Sony was closed because of the fires in San Diego.

My brother-in-law's hotel (Marriot on Coronado Island) was 60% full to start the day. It was 100% full in 2 hours after that....

j

kennyt 10-23-2007 04:40 AM

I hope you guys fair well with these fires and suffer minimal to preferable no damage and as little inconvienence as possible.

I guess it's California's equivalent of our hurricanes.

TheMoose 10-23-2007 07:14 AM

Here's hoping everyone comes out of this OK!
Those Firefighters have my respect, they think we (structural Firefighters) are crazy for running in to burning buildings but after seeing these fires on TV I know these guys are nuts, & have some huge balls!!

This is starting to sound like a sport, as soon as the Santa Ana winds start blowing they go out & set fires, I hope these turds get caught!