Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-15-2007   #7

Default Re: Bye bye Mercedes

Andrew - your experiences are not surprising.

My mother-in-law had a Merc E class a few years back. It left her stranded at least 3 times.
The first was a fuel pump issue which happened within the first month of ownership.

It also included a winshield washer system which defied logic. as well as the ability to wipe water from a sheet of glass.

Her 5-series wasn't much better.

She now drives an Avalon - while not as fun, nor as stylish, it runs down the road without a glitch and she couldn't be happier.

I hope you have better luck with the Range Rover!
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #8

I doubt he could have worse! The MB dealer kept him a loaner car!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #9

I know that Benz was a nightmare for you. That REALLY sucks.

I have an ML500 that is the ABSOLUTE BEST car (more of an SUV) I have ever owned. Better than all of my Porsche's, other Mercedes etc... Bullet proof, fast, comfortable, fairly priced and not even that much of a hog on gas.

Mercedes should have gotten you out of that car months ago and suckered you into another car the same way that Nordstroms would allow you to return your dirty underwear (I am not completely joking here) for a full refund. The truth is: the cost of earning you as a client was steep and they BLEW it. Taking your car back, repairing it and putting it out to auction would have been WAY smarter. I think you would have needed to hire a LEMON lawyer and you would have gotten your way.

I am glad you like your LR3. They are not known for being rock solid for service but compared to your Benz - it has to be an upgrade.

In the Lemon Law suits - the car companies should have to pay damages for your wasted time.
Old 11-03-2007   #10

Smile Re: Bye bye Mercedes

Sorry to hear about the Andrew. I side with Jerry. Its truly amazing to me, that the Mercedes dealership, did nothing really to keep you as a customer, earn further business from you, and repair their name since you wanted, NOTHING, with Mercedes on it.

Well, at least now, as you said, you carry Mcintosh and Bel Canto amps around much easier!!

Curious, did you buy the Benz new or used? When I sold cars in 2001, and this may not be fair, for this was their down period, I learned from my experience, you buy a Mercedes new, and after a couple of years, get another new one. Reliabilty, was not good at all then. Now supposedly it has improved. I remember we sold a used S600, put on new tires, rims, Lorinser kit, and by the time he left Rockland County and drove back to Columbus Ohio, the suspension had dropped.
Now this was almost 7 years ago.....

But Congrats on the Rover. I`m an Aston fan as well. Much success with your choice. Vanquish, or DB9?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #11

Which model of Mercedes cost is high?
forumolacabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #12

Default New member, need help!

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking around here for some time now and I decided to register because I really need your help
I heard alot abot Profit Assassin and I was wondering if any of you knows more about it (I cant find too much info on google about it).

Thanks
Breasentasive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, mercedes, page