Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-05-2007   #1

Default Nintendo Wii is maybe the best piece of AV Gear ever

I looked at your list of topics and figured I'd put this here because the Nintendo Wii is not a high-def gaming machine. It doesnt play any HD discs, heck it doesnt even play DVDs, but I have to state here that it is far and away the most addictive thing you can put in your AV system (No, i dont have a vested interest in Nintendo).

Even if you hate video games and dont want to spend alot of money, all you need is the stock system with Wii sports. I think i have worn out my rotater cuff hitting wicked top spinning serves on Wii tennis and towering 300 yard drives on Wii Golf. Is anyone as addicted to thing as I am?

love,
Dirk
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #2

Default Re: Nintendo Wii is maybe the best piece of AV Gear ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
even if you hate video games and dont want to spend alot of money, all you need is the stock system with Wii sports.

love,
Dirk
You said a mouthfull there!
I know several people that did just that & use it for a party machine, the rest of the time it collects dust.

Funny thing is it's a bigger success than even Nintendo thought it would be, their manufacturing agreements have to be holding them back, it's the only reason I can see for the shortages.
You know if they had the capacity they would have flooded the market with them by now.

Just make sure to use the wrist strap so the Wii-mote doesn't end up buried in your screen!!

Personally I like the PS3, high def games & movies!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #3

Default Re: Nintendo Wii is maybe the best piece of AV Gear ever

I agree that the Wii is very addictive. My favorite is the bowling and tennis. Very fun for group play too.

Tags
audio, av, cool, gear, piece, top, video, wii