Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-25-2008   #13

Default Re: Attn Kennyt....

btw, for those of you "toaster" fans who are truly into your vehicles, you might want to check out their club site (www.elementownersclub.com) - they're having a national meet in June in Columbus/Marysville, OH, that will include a Honda factory tour - I'm not an Element owner but will be there as it's also a parallel event for the Ridgeline Owners' Club - so far there are over 100 attendees registered and we're going to try for a Guinness record for the most Hondas in one continuous parade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MoosePond White Wheels 1.jpg (73.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-25-2008   #14

kennyt,

I apologize for my intemperate response, it is just that expected more from Honda. Back in the days of the fuel crisis, my 1980 Honda Civic got 43 mpg highway. In the decades since we have been heading in the wrong direction.

I drive a 1991 Volvo 240 which gets 26 mph highway. Talk about not worrying about parking lot dings. Needless to say, the value my music and home theater equipment easily eclipses what I originally paid for the car. For me, it is a matter of priorities.

Cheers.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #15

Most people assume the Element gets great gas mileage, I guess because it is pretty ugly, in a really cute sort of way. When people ask me if it gets great mileage, I usually laugh some, as the thing is a box, there's nothing aerodynamic about it, in fact I have a sticker on the back that says "aerodynamics are overrated"....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Most people assume the Element gets great gas mileage, I guess because it is pretty ugly, in a really cute sort of way. When people ask me if it gets great mileage, I usually laugh some, as the thing is a box, there's nothing aerodynamic about it, in fact I have a sticker on the back that says "aerodynamics are overrated"....
yeah, but virtually none of those aerodynamic vehicles will hold anything even remotely close to what you can stuff into an Element! I recall that Brent Butterworth bought one for the simple reason that it was the only vehicle he could find that would allow him to haul two of his recumbent bikes.

Last edited by MoosePond; 03-25-2008 at 09:16 AM..
MoosePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #17

I can fit my road bike in without taking off any wheels, especially coocl as my frame is ~62CM's!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I can fit my road bike in without taking off any wheels, especially coocl as my frame is ~62CM's!
very cool! Ridgelines are equipped to carry most road/mountain bikes in the back seat with the seats flipped up (there's even a groove for the tires) . . . when we go on vacation we carry both of our bikes in the bed via a "custom" mount I made using a couple of Thule fork blocks mounted to a 1x3 wood block bolted to the bed (with the front wheels locked securely in the in-bed trunk)

Tags
aerodynamics, coocl, edition, element, overrated, sticker, stickers, toaster, volvo