Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 09-25-2007   #1

Question Album Art

I was ripping a bunch of CD's to my hard drive today & within a few seconds of when I started ripping the program had found the album art & play list & I got to wondering, how the heck does it do that?

A have a bunch of CD's from the mid eighties & that was a long time before anyone thought about ripping CD's since hard drives back then would barely even hold a single CD so I know the album art isn't on the CD.
I mean I had a CD that was a freebie from Blockbuster that was called something like Hollywood sound tracks & it even found that album art almost instantly!
It couldn't find the album art for Lynyrd Skynyrd Gold & Platinum but that was the only one out of the 150 or so CD's I ripped today that it didn't find the artwork for (but I did find it manually).

So I was just wondering if anyone knew how the heck it finds the album art for these old Cd's?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #2

Default Re: Album Art

I know what you mean, I have some old demo CD singles from the 80's and they come up with artwork as well! I guess I am not the only loser who kept them around!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #3
EDA

If you look on the inside ring of the CD you'll notice a key code. It's on every (well almost every) CD. This is what your music server is using to find album art and information.
EDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #4

Well see, it was simpler than I thought!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #5

I thought it reads the number of songs on a CD and the duration of the first and last songs and references a database. Ie. if a CD has 12 tracks and the first song is four minutes and thirty five seconds and the last song is four minutes and fifty seconds long, then it searches the CCDB (SP?) database for albums that have these same specs, and SOMETIMES there are conflicts where two CDs have the same amount of tracks and they are both the same lengtj and it asks you "are you listening to Ozzie Osbourne's Bark at the Moon, or Air Supply's Greatest Hits for example.
Sponsored Links

Tags
album, art, artwork, cd, find, music, pics, prince, revolution, server