Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 09-30-2007   #13

Default i have two

kkjz.org and wbgo.org, both jazz stations of the first order. not smoove jazz, the real thing. there are some other bits of programming such as blues and doo-wop and a couple of other things that are pretty much of interest to jazz lovers.

right now i am listening to wbgo: Singers Unlimited with Michael Bourne. all vocals.

on kkgo now is the Swingin Years with Chuck Cecil, a retrospective program that more or less lets you hear what was on the air during the swing era and beyond.

my daughter hooked up the airport express so whatever i am playing on iTunes goes to the living room stereo so i can hear the same thing at the computer and on the stereo as well. pretty cool.
hifitommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #14

Default Re: Favorite internet radio stations?

I recently got into Pandora. I just got tired of all commercials when I listen to radio stations on line.
Old 10-18-2007   #15

I resisted satellite radio for a long time because when I'm in my car and not auditioning CDs to review, I have, here in LA, NPR station KCRW and Indie 103, two of the most adventuresome, quality, rockin' stations you could ask for, and switching back and forth with the occasional nighttime dose of the thinking man's retro rocker Jim Ladd on KLOS kept me happy.

But I didn't know what I was missing. Sirius channel 70, Disorder (yeah, Sirius Disorder) is not only the best station I've ever heard, it's the best I could imagine. Their song selection, by every DJ, is mind-blowing.

They mix the best of the new (and I hear A LOT of soon-to-be-known songs and performers there first) with the best of the old BUT they play the great cuts that you haven't heard on radio for years or decades, along with the one-hit or even no-hit wonders.

Best of all they mix genres and eras like a blender gone beserk, but with impeccable taste. Nowhere else do I hear someone slide from Jimi to Robert Johnson to Bright Eyes to some old Mexican guy from the '30s to Arcade Fire to Grieg to Miles to the Decembrists to Professor Longhair, and it works so well you're stunned but grinning.

Station director Meg Griffin is inspired in her choices (as well as doing her own great show) -- ex-NY Doll David Johansen and ex-Ramone Marky have their own twisted shows -- and Larry Kirwan is the most captivating radio announcer I've ever heard (he also leads NYC Irish rockers Black 47 and has written numerous books and plays).

Sirius has more than 150 stations, but I listen to Disorder 95% of the time. What can be better than learning a lot and having a great time too?

Last edited by mrmusic; 10-18-2007 at 07:25 PM..
mrmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #16

Hi,

Itís a best channel ever been made in Jordan, I just found. There are lots of metal songs over there. There are lots of amazing shows, latest songs and many more. Have a rock.

-----

thanks
marksmith
play.jo
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
101, chill, favorite, forum, intenet, internet, jazz, online, radio, rocket, similar, sirius, station, stations, surround, work