Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 09-24-2007   #13

Default Re: My Friend's new Lamborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB9 Guy View Post
Now this is topic that I can definately chime in on many levels. As you can see by my screen name I'm an Aston Martin fan, I have a DB9. Don't knock the green color until you see it in person, it's an amazing pearl metallic 3 stage paint, but again it's not for everyone. I personally think all the bright colors that Lambo has makes them stand out and they work on all their models, just the way I think Aston's look better in the more subdued colors. Take for instance, I was up in Monterey in August for the Italian car event and they colors in the Lamborghini section were unreal (made the Ferrari's look dull, don't worry I'm not knocking them, I had a 355). My good friend (and my A/V guy) is the biggest Lambo nut I know, has owned 7 of them over his lifetime and just recently sold his Gallardo in that exact green. He also had a Countach like the one you mentioned Jerry, it was pearl white I think an '86, wish I'd know him then. Anyway, I did get to drive his Gallardo the day he sold me my DB9 (he's head of the Lamborghini brand at Lamborghini/Aston Martin/Bentley Beverly Hills) and I do have to say for a V10 (my DB9 is a V12) it's a rocket, one of the best driving and handling cars out there. However, I am still an Aston guy
Another Aston Martin fan!! Congratulations on your Aston. I`m show you enjoy it immensely!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #14

Thanks! I love my DB9, however I do have a DBS on order so it will get replaced. To answer your question what I have as well as the WP 6's, I have all Audio Research. A VS55 amp, an LS17 preamp, a CD3, a DAC5 and a PH5 phono preamp for my Clearaudio turntable (that's off the top of my head I hope I got the model #'s right). Now, I'm not too tech when it comes to my equipment, but I think I have a pretty good setup. My A/V guy really takes care of me and I trust him 100% since I knew what I wanted my system to sound like and he put it together, couldn't have done it without him. He's as big an Audiophile as he is a Carphile! (?).
DB9 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #15

Good to hear you have someone who can help you on both fronts!

You MUST report back when the DBS come in.... Andrew is likely drooling already!

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #16

Curious - how did you find the forum?

And when are you bringing your DB9 over to the offices to show it to us!!! We are in 9601 Wilshire (where Sports Club is).

What part of town do you live in?
Old 09-24-2007   #17

I read AV Revolution and I saw the link. I'll come by with the car when I get back in LA, I'm in OC right now for the next few weeks, we can do lunch. I have a house in 90069 and a house in OC.
DB9 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #18

Perfect.

Lunch is on the table - by all means.

I used to live at Shoreham Towers in the 90069. 800 SQFT corner unit. I miss the view but not the homies at 1:30 AM with the 18 inch woofers...
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, code, color, forum, green, guiardo, lambo, lamborghini, mp3, research, rev, revolution, supra, video, white