Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 09-23-2007   #7

Default Re: My Friend's new Lamborghini

Yea I'm not crazy about the color but I'm not the one writing the check!
You can bet it will get noticed!

I'm with Andrew on the Aston Martins, cool, classy & fast!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #8

I have not been a Guiadro but I did get a ride in a 1985 tripple white Countach and would like to say that the car was a) the single loudest production automobile I have ever heard and b) the brakes are NOT NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH for how fast that car was.

Gary's color is more tennis ball green and Lambo has offered simliar colors before. In CT - the car must REALLY stick out. Gary is a very old friend and dresses like Dominic Dunn (look at the glasses) thus the out-there cars seem even more strange but he REALLY loves them. Gary is a great guy and deserves all the goodies he has earned.
Old 09-24-2007   #9

Smile Re: My Friend's new Lamborghini

I have always loved the Gallardo over the Ferrari`s. Though I`ve driven neither of them. I actually like what I believe is the futuristic look of the car. I saw a platinum silver Gallardo in Stony Point, and it looked fantastic in that color.

Andrew, since the earlier Sean Connery James Bond films when I was a very young man, I loved the Aston Martins. I would love to drive in all black, the Aston Martin top model, the Vanquish, with the $20,000 Linn system installed in it. If they still make it. Sound and a nice exotic car rolled into one!!

Jerry, your good friend kind of resembles Bob James, (they way he looks now) jazz piano player. But that color on the Gallardo? It certainly will stick out. Especially in CT.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #10

Smile Re: My Friend's new Lamborghini

Now this is topic that I can definately chime in on many levels. As you can see by my screen name I'm an Aston Martin fan, I have a DB9. Don't knock the green color until you see it in person, it's an amazing pearl metallic 3 stage paint, but again it's not for everyone. I personally think all the bright colors that Lambo has makes them stand out and they work on all their models, just the way I think Aston's look better in the more subdued colors. Take for instance, I was up in Monterey in August for the Italian car event and they colors in the Lamborghini section were unreal (made the Ferrari's look dull, don't worry I'm not knocking them, I had a 355). My good friend (and my A/V guy) is the biggest Lambo nut I know, has owned 7 of them over his lifetime and just recently sold his Gallardo in that exact green. He also had a Countach like the one you mentioned Jerry, it was pearl white I think an '86, wish I'd know him then. Anyway, I did get to drive his Gallardo the day he sold me my DB9 (he's head of the Lamborghini brand at Lamborghini/Aston Martin/Bentley Beverly Hills) and I do have to say for a V10 (my DB9 is a V12) it's a rocket, one of the best driving and handling cars out there. However, I am still an Aston guy
DB9 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #11

I am selling my 911 Turbo right now!!!!

(as I wipe a tear from my eye)
Old 09-24-2007   #12

DB9 Guy,

Nice ride!

You just can't get performance and style in a car in any way more than what you have! Great car, enjoy it and welcome to the forum!

What do you have other than the WP 6's??

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, code, color, forum, green, guiardo, lambo, lamborghini, mp3, research, rev, revolution, supra, video, white