Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 12-29-2007   #13

Thumbs up Re: Do you still go "out" to the movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
I rarely go to the theaters anymore. It has to be a BIG movie for me to go and brave the hordes of texting teenagers and kids running up and down the aisles. I went to see National Treasure 2 this past weekend and despite going at a early hour I was reminded of why I don't go to theaters anymore. It was terrible (not the movie) but people constantly getting up around me, kids running up and down the stairs, cell phones etc etc. I missed half of the film's subtler moments due to the constant barrage of distractions happening around me. I love movies and love the idea of going to a theater minus the public going to the same theater with me. People used to be respectful in theaters but now...I dunno. It's become a cheap babysitter and not a place where enough people are actually engaged in what they are watching.
Especially if you go on friday and saturday. But, try this, should you have time during the week, go then. Attendance is very low, and you can really enjoy yourself and the movie.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #14

Default Re: Do you still go "out" to the movies?

Picture Quality also isn't what it used to be in major chain multiplexes.

In the old days you had projectionists who truly cared about their jobs and were film lovers. Now you have a machine that pretty much does it all itself by computer.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #15

Question Re: Do you still go "out" to the movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Picture Quality also isn't what it used to be in major chain multiplexes.

In the old days you had projectionists who truly cared about their jobs and were film lovers. Now you have a machine that pretty much does it all itself by computer.
Really, I can`t say that I`ve had that experience here in White Plains. Where exactly is this occurring?
Old 12-29-2007   #16

I used to be a projectionist. Ahhh those were the days.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Really, I can`t say that I`ve had that experience here in White Plains. Where exactly is this occurring?
It goes on everywhere. The systems are actually pretty good, but I've witnessed improperly focused films amongst other problems that you never would have seen in the days of projectionists who cared.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
It goes on everywhere. The systems are actually pretty good, but I've witnessed improperly focused films amongst other problems that you never would have seen in the days of projectionists who cared.
That is really something. It seems you can`t put your trust in anything right now. Hopefully, this does not start to increase.

Andrew, when were you a projectionist? Back in your early days?
Sponsored Links

Tags
movies, revolution, watch