Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-23-2007   #49

Default Re: What are some of your other hobbies?

If you think bashing is expensive, try racing!!
On second thought maybe that's a bad idea for you!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #50

I got back my motor from Traxxas yesterday,

They rebuilt the entire thing only keeping my cooling head, new crank, bearings, crank case, piston, sleeve... everything! I finally got some nice weather, so I am off to try out the new radio this morning.... I found when setting up the throttle on the new radio that I might not have been getting full open throttle before...... Can't wait to see how fast it is now!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #51

OK Moose,

I pulled a real lame mistake..... Took the T-Maxx out today and accidently flooded the engine.... 8 miles from home where the wrench I needed was!

Gave up and came home and got some stone crab on the way... 3 Lbs of Jumbo's.....

I can play wirth the car anyday!
Old 10-25-2007   #52

Took the truck out.... Once again realized tuning is an art I am not yet a master of!

The engine was burned in and usually ran in hot humid weather.... Today was cool, a little humid, and I toook it to an open field for wide open runs. Silly me! The remote is way nicer though, turns more smooothly especially with the new servo and feels better too!
Old 10-26-2007   #53

Those little engines are screamers & are very sensitive to changes in the weather (temp & humidity)
Do you have a temp gun?
The way I tune my engine is by checking the temps, find out what the temp is when it's running it's best then you always have a starting point for tuning, too cold lean it out a bit, too hot richen it up a bit.
Also find a glo plug you like & stick with it, that'll be one less variable to deal with.

Being a watch guy this will make sense to you, think of the mixture needle as the hour hand on a watch, there is 12 hours on the watch & you don't want to move the needle more than 1 hour at a time when tuning it, that way you never get too lost in your settings.

Glad you like the radio, they are a big improvement over the stockers.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #54

No doubt, I just finished converting my HPI Wheelie King 4x4 into a rock crawler... Put in the better servo but not the radio yet as it took forever to do what I wanted! It looks pretty sick as I had to cut so much of the body off to fit the new travel of the suspension. I will have to take it out tomorrow and test it on some real rocks.....

I will remember the hour thing, it should keep me from screwing it up too much!
Sponsored Links

Tags
acid, buggies, bullfights, car, custom, dune, dunes, forums, going, movie, oklahoma, sahara, sand, sprint, works