Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-20-2007   #43

Default Re: What are some of your other hobbies?

Oh, BTW I sent an Email to Traxxas about my original 2.5R motor sucking since day one. They gave me a RA#, I sent it in and they are sending my a new motor after like a week! Nice job guys especially as this is an 18 month old truck!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #44

I did play with some other peoples radios (airtronics & futaba) but I liked the feel of the JR myself, I've had it 2 years with no problems.
No freq conflicts & no digging around for crystals is great.
If I were buying today though I would probably go with a Spektrum DX3.0, that way you never have to worry about some goober turning on a radio in your freq.

I'm glad Traxxas stepped up, I always have had good CS with them.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #45

Moose,

Thanks for all the tips, you are making it painfully clear how little I know of this hobby!

I am going to go touch base with the LHS and see what they sell, and talk to them for a bit, but the Spektrum DX3.0 looks pretty good for the price.

Damn it's barely 8AM and I've already spent money.....

Ken
Old 10-23-2007   #46

Moose,

It's a good thing you don't live near me or I would go broke!

Went to my LHS this AM, bought the Spektrum DX3.0, and the JR 9000T servo and servo saver for the stearing of my T-Maxx......

They must love me there! Now to read the directions and get the sucker up and running. I know, I could just install it but am waiting to see if the wife wants to meet in Tampa for lunch and I'd hate to get halfway through and have to leave!

Ken
Old 10-23-2007   #47

You are going to like the extra adjustability, control & range of that radio, to say nothing about never having a freq conflict again & no more glitching!
You are going to want to read the manual, it has a lot of adjustments the stock radio doesn't.
Another nice thing is by getting another receiver you can use the same radio in both of your cars since you can save up to 4 cars in the radios memory
Enjoy!!

Last edited by TheMoose; 10-23-2007 at 02:43 PM..
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #48

Yeah, I got the thing up and running but it's a little late to go beat the truck now. It is a really nice radio, and I suspect I will get better performance out of my truck with it after seeing how the servos are fully adjustable now. The new servo for the steering is SICK!!! The thing snaps the wheels to the sides so fast it is scary! I will need to work out the progressive functions sometime soon but suspect tomorrow I will be out breaking something.... Then back tot he LHS and some repairs and then maybe sort it out!

I think the second controller will go into my soon to be rock crawler if RCHobbies ever sends me the parts I need to finish the stage I conversion of an HPI Wheelie King 4x4, then I suspect new servo's in that one too........

As you can see, it doesn't stop with this hobby!

Ken
Sponsored Links

Tags
acid, buggies, bullfights, car, custom, dune, dunes, forums, going, movie, oklahoma, sahara, sand, sprint, works