Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-09-2007   #31

Default Re: What are some of your other hobbies?

In my spare time I enjoy playing bass in a band and coaching my sons football team. We are 5-2 so far. Looking to go into the playoffs.
Old 10-09-2007   #32

Are you RC car racers fans of classic Tamiya cars (the Frog, The Hornet, The Grasshopper, The ClodBuster, The Bruiser, The Hot Shot, The SuperShot, etc)

Go to eBay and search "Tamiya NIB" (it means New in Box) and you will go down memory lane. Its pretty cool if you are an RC nerd like many of us on this board seem to be.

Check out this unopened Bruiser. It had a buy it now of $2150 (but didnt sell)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-in-Box-Tamiy...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by wazzzup; 10-09-2007 at 11:38 AM..
wazzzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #33

wazzup,

I need them current and supported by a LHS as I seem to have skill at breaking things...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #34

Of course its good to be able to get current parts for your new cars. These Tamiya classics are basically to be put together, painted beautifully and then never used. Their pastic gears shocks and tub chassis' and resister based manual speed controls are so crappy that they would break 10x faster than the current cars. I was racing my RC10 B4 stealth a few weeks ago and someone turned on their radio with the same frequency and my car plowed right into a wall at about 30mph and nothing broke. If i did that with a Frog or a Hot Shot, it would be destroyed.
wazzzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #35

I hear you! I have literally jumped my T-Maxx (that now has the 3.3 motor in it with a lower spur gear) off four fooot cliffs wirthout a scratch (well, maybe a scratch, tough to tell when you get a new one!) but it hasn't broken a thing! In fact with the exception of the one time I hit a park grill base, and a couple of screws that fell out (likely my fault for not checking) the truck has been very low mainainance......

Now my Jato seems to gravitate towards immobile objects and has had countless arms, rods, and even trans housing replaced.... It is amazing the damage concrete and macadam do to these things! I can land and bounce all day long on dirt. Do the same thing on concrete..... I'm doing a major rebuild.... Fortunately for me, I took up this hobby for two reasons, I always wanted a good R/C car, and I missed working on cars. I keep it as a hobby, so when I get frustrated, I stop. For me there is no stress.

Trash the car, go home, no biggie. Fix it later.

Get fed up with tuning, swap cars or go home.... I do this for fun and as such totally keep it that way which makes it really nice! Some times I am not in a 'fun' mood, so I don't use them then!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #36

The Hornet was my first R/C car, unfortunately it only lasted a short while before I completely trashed it so I upgraded to the original gold chassis RC 10, it was eventually canibalized for my Big Boys Toys sprint car.
Everyone with RC cars has probably had a RC 10 at some time.

What kind of radios are you guys using?
I have a JR XS3 Pro with synthesized signal processing so you don't need individual crystals.
I've considered upgrading to the Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM but my XS3 Pro has been working great so far.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
acid, buggies, bullfights, car, custom, dune, dunes, forums, going, movie, oklahoma, sahara, sand, sprint, works