Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 10-02-2007   #25

Default Re: What are some of your other hobbies?

Well, put the new TRX 3.3 motor into my T-Maxx last night with a 18 tooth spur gear.. got to break it in and hopefully I can handle that much motor. Going to stretch the wheelbase of my HPI WEheelie King to make it a rock crawler once the new drive shafts get here....

Love my R/C cars!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #26

Smile Re: What are some of your other hobbies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, put the new TRX 3.3 motor into my T-Maxx last night with a 18 tooth spur gear.. got to break it in and hopefully I can handle that much motor. Going to stretch the wheelbase of my HPI WEheelie King to make it a rock crawler once the new drive shafts get here....

Love my R/C cars!
Man I need to get my cars out, when I was racing my sprint car I built a practice track, I'd go thru a couple of set of tires in an afternoon, I blew a couple of engines & then put the same 2.5R my Revo has in it & it runs like a top.

I gotta get some fresh nitro & play with the Revo, maybe I can blow that engine & have an excuse to upgrade to a 3.3R or maybe a big block!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #27

Well, I might have done something bad to my T-Maxx Moose....

Just finished breaking in the motor, I stepped down the pinion gear to 18T so the acceleration between the bigger motor and lower gearing is insane, well I must have overtightened the bolts to the motor mount as I ripped some of them out when it flipped and landed on black top on the head of the motor.... So I need at least a new motor mount, and the spur gear doesn't look to be true anymore, hopefully that is all and I don't need to strip down the transmision...

I am going to buy the motor mount on the way home and see if that is enough....

Do go with the 3.3, but drop the gearing some as it is sick powerful....
Old 10-03-2007   #28

Moose,

I only needed a new motor mount, so for $10.60 I was so in the game today! The 3.3 motoir is a huge step up. I ran it overly rich and it still had tons of power (I am still breaking it in... I know 5 tanks, but I go easy on them for more).

I am upset with Traxxas as I spent a bunch of cash to deal with a bad motor they sold me in the original T-Maxx, and just sent them a LONG Email to that effect. I don't mind working on the car, in fact I like doing it! I do take offense to doing it when it's pointless...
Old 10-03-2007   #29

If there is one thing you can count on with RC cars is stuff will get broken, nitro engines just doubles what can break!

I dealt with Traxxas a couple of times on warranty issues ( I think it was the Tranny) & had no problems with them at all, they sent out replacement parts right away.
The RTR has been great for the manufacturers, people can walk in plop down the cash & be running in no time but I wish there was a build it yourself option, I know every part of my sprint car because I built it from scratch but I had to dig in to the manuals to fix stuff on the Revo the first time they broke.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #30

I too would rather do the entire build and was a little surprised to find few cars come this way. I think it used to be the norm, now it's no longer available. The first time I snapped the pivot point for the throttle on the trans housing of my Jato I did the same thing.... Several hours later (it was my first time..) it was fixed, had I built the car from scratch, I could have done the job in ~ and hour.

Do get the 3.3 motor..... It is really a huge step up!

We'll see how Traxxas handles my email. To date they have been great to deal with and I love my car/truck from them. If they handle this well, they will have me for life!
Sponsored Links

Tags
acid, buggies, bullfights, car, custom, dune, dunes, forums, going, movie, oklahoma, sahara, sand, sprint, works