Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 09-19-2007   #13

Default Re: What's up with Texting?

Hey Jerry, it's a Titleist 905 something, with 9.5 degree loft. Bought it used from a bin of used clubs for 125. It's in great shape though -- sorry to hear of your club championship trevails. Will tell you all of my golfing anecdotes forthwith, or at least some enough.

Re: my account. Yeah, stoopid to use my e-mail as my username; but I plodded through all the options in the 'manage account' section and I can't see how to change it -- can change PASSWORD and e-mail, but not username. Please advise. Could, I suppose, DELETE my account and reregister ...

also, as this is an 'off topic' posts thread, and as this is now 'off' the 'off topic', but still not about AV equipment, I think we've conclusively proved that the precepts of mathematics and formal logic do not apply to discussions here, i.e., negative times negative NOT equalling a positive.

Jeff

PS. I was the first one to identify 'jitter' -- Bob Carver be damned.
jrm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #14

Smile Re: What's up with Texting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Good for Arnold only it's not just the kids. Giver me a soccer mom in her Excursion smoking a cigarette and on the phone anyday!!!

I especially love how when they drive ENTIRELY into your lane and you fdinally hit the horn they are mad at you!

Greg,

While I see your point the logic is flawed... How can something in print be 'private' to me that seems backwards..
Private in that, only the person seeing the text, can view it. Unlike a phone call, which when you pick up, everyone knows. Your in a meeting in school, taking an exam, a text can get thru on the slide.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #15

I know I have seen my kids text more and more as they have gotten older. I really do not see the fascination with it.
Old 10-05-2007   #16

I do send my wife an occassional quick message while at work with the phones on silent. Maybe two per month. I think it's mostly kids for privacy. I can't figure out most of the abbreviations anyway. It wasn't too long ago that I figured out what LOL meant. LOL!

Grown-ups use email the same way.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #17

and then a huge Milwaukee’s Best beer can comes down and smashes on top of you while you are sending your text message to your wife...

"Men should act like men and beer should taste like beer"
ha ha, you'll get that joke if you watch ESPN.
Old 10-06-2007   #18

Unfortunately I can't drink beer at work either. Maybe one day! (what do you think the text message says: GMB-Get More Beer)
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
abbreviations, big, constantly, deal, died, fascination, girl, gmb, people, phone, purpose, text, texting, whats, ws