Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-24-2008   #43

Default Re: Favorite watch??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Have you seen the Ulysse Nardin Quadrato, Sonata Cathedral, or the Maxi Marine?
Ahhhhh, Ulysse Nardin, in my mind one of the finest watch makers!

I have gone back and forth so many times over the GMT +/_ perpetual LE in platinum that I cannot begin to explain. I almost bought it @ CES in LV this year but swore I wouldn't buy a watch this year so passed despite really good offers from authorized dealers.

Not familiar with the Quadrato, but I do not personally like the Sonata as the chimes are pretty subdued and very quiet. I love the hands of that watch, and it is part of why I so LOVE the GMT+/- LE Perpetual, which uses the same hands only in a perpetual calendar, which is the next complication I want....

To date I have unfortunately passed on the pre-Malte Vacheron Constantin Perpetual (for over 50% off at an authorized dealer!!!!) and the GMT+/-.

I have eight watches to date, so I really don't NEED another, but I likely also don't need all the stereo gear I buy once the dust settles I will start working on the watch thing again.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #44

DAMN EIGHT! I only have 3. Even though I want to increase my collection.
rolexdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #45

No one, can touch my man kenny. He truly is Dr. Source. Whether its watches, or equipment, the championship belt belongs to kennyt.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexdaytona View Post
DAMN EIGHT! I only have 3. Even though I want to increase my collection.
rolex,

You do own a watch winder right?????

If not, factor in a few thousand for one, I use the Orbita models and love them, they have individually programmable heads and I have a six and four head unit (the four head is better wood with burl walnut but...)

If you don't, as your collection grows, you will;

1) Need to set your watches frequently
2) Allow the mainspring to undergo maximal change and therefore stress lessening it's life.

Factor this into your watch collection as it grows....

I call mine my 'Male Box' and it sits on my night table.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I wore a crappy watch for so long. Its nice to not look like a mook with an $8,000 suit and a $200 watch.

I don't like the movement on my muller however. Its too noisy.

j
A mook?? Oh oh you can take the Italian out of little Italy but you can't take little Italy out of the Italian! LOL I haven't heard this term in years, I love it!!
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #48

I have the basic Rolex Submariner. No date, just the plain, basic Submariner. I'm a huge fan of the Sean Connery Bond movies. It was the watch he more back then. Always wanted one from high school on.

You can wear it with anything. Actually, there are times where ALL I'm wearing is my Rolex. Some of my best "work" gets done in such times
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blogspot, dress, fauxmega, favorite, forum, franck, italys, marine, maxi, muller, perpetual, revolution, video, watch, watches