Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 04-08-2008   #73

Default Re: Favorite watch??

Rolex,

You are in a good place for watch shopping, Tourneau in NYC is a great resource, and many other large watch dealers are in the tri-state area. Vegasisalsoa goodplace,theforumshops(Roman times, screwTourneau there) andHorlogie in the Venetian are bothamazingshopsthat will start off @ 30% off retail, and you can often push that to 40% depending ont he watch.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #74

SUPER SWEET!!!!!!! I always try to make it to NYC at least once in the summer time to see the sites and people watch. Now I have another reason.
rolexdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #75

You know that there is a show called, "Super Cars Exposed,"on the Speed Channel. They had 3 race car drivers that we all know, test out the new BMW M3 for a prize. I tried to remember the name of the watch the winner receiver, but it escapes me now. The watch costs $10, 995.

Just for driving a BMW M3 in a contest.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #76

A while back I overheard my boss talking to our HR manager. They were comparing wrist watches. They both had the same brand but different models and they were talking about what great watches they were for only $5000.00!

Well, I couldn't resist. "Say fellas, do you know what time it is?", I asked. They both looked at their watches (funny, they had been looking and comparing them when I walked up yet neither of them knew the time without looking at his watch again) and in stereo answered, "11 o'clock." I held up my Casio and said, "How 'bout that? Mine cost 5 bucks at Wal-Mart and has the exact same time as yours!

I must admit that watching some guy hand build a watch that sold for over a quarter million dollars on HDNET a while back was fascinating. I guess with some watches its not about what time it is as much as it is about the rare works of art they represent.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #77

Location: Deep within the dark and strange crevices of my mind !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post
I like a watch with some heft and really like Omega's in general.

Unfortunatly my Faux-mega Planet Ocean Chrono has stopped working so I am forced to wear my Anniversary Sub. Faux-lex.
My Briggs-stratton keeps great time, but it too runs a little loud, and uses a lotta gas.

SONY LED XBR46HX929
SONY LED-LCD KDL46XBR8
Oppo 95 BDP
DENON 3311CI AVR 7.2-125 W/ch
MIRAGE OMNISTAT V2 SPKR SYS LINK*
MIRAGE OMNI S10 S/W
SA 8300 HD/DVR
Harmony 1100 Remote & HTS-1000 MKII
Monster THX & Monoprice Cables
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Here is the one I want, watchco.com ghas it for $425 shipped. It's pretty large at something like 46 mm, and I suspect pretty tall as well, but the rose gold and flat black give it an awesome look!
Friend of mine gave one as a gift. I luv it !!!!!!!!

CENTER SPKR :... PARADIGM STUDIO CC—490
....SUBWOOFER :... SUNFIRE HRS—8
BLU-RAY PLAYER :... OPPO BDP—83
PRMTRC EQUALIZER :. BEHRINGER DSP—1124
___.___HD RECEIVER :.. DIGIWAVE DTV—5000HD
BruZZi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blogspot, dress, fauxmega, favorite, forum, franck, italys, marine, maxi, muller, perpetual, revolution, video, watch, watches