Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 04-07-2008   #61

Default Re: Favorite watch??

Any pics or links to the watch that you mention? I went over to the timex site and couldn't find the TX series.
rolexdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #62

I found this reasonably priced watch for any of the guys when they need a present for their wife so she isn't upset with that new $250,000.00 Runco Signature Cinema SC-1 luxury home theater projector that Sam Runco calls the "crown jewel. No pun intended!

Well, the biggest work of Swiss wathcmaking was the "Kalista". Vacheron Constantin was always creating remarkable timepieces however the "Kalista" is the top one. Kalista is translated from Greek as "The most wonder". Endeed this watch is the most perfect and it is most expensive. This timepiece is recognized to be the most expensive watch on the planet.

When it was created it cost 5 million dollars and it costs even more now. Nowadays its cost is 11 million dollars.
The mechanism of this watch is quite simple: a mechanical movement that is wounded by hand. The main reason it is so expensive are the material it is made of.

Its frame is made from pure gold and it has more than 118 emerald cut diamonds. The "Kalista" has been built by hands of the best masters of the Vacheron Constantin Company. It took them 20 months to build this watch which 6,000 man hours. Isn't that incredible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacheron-constantine-1.jpg (14.6 KB, 6 views)
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #63

Look at their Tour de Ile, it is the most complicated watch ever made and they made it for their 250th anniversary (Vacheron Constantin) it has so many complications they had to use both sides of the watch! They took 10 years to make the seven that were made!

The Kalista is super expensive, but I never went for all the diamonds, I like a complicated watch, and when you bark something out like that it gets very hard to read.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #64

Here is the one I want, watchco.com ghas it for $425 shipped. It's pretty large at something like 46 mm, and I suspect pretty tall as well, but the rose gold and flat black give it an awesome look!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6603_big.jpg (42.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by kennyt; 04-08-2008 at 04:09 AM..
Old 04-08-2008   #65

kennyt
Nice simple watch. I thought the most valued watch was the watch made for Marie Antoinette by Berguet. It took so long to make with so many complications that she never got to wear it.
rolexdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #66

I have heard about that one, but look at this piece. I included it in the bit for MHT on timepieces.

This thing is a tourbillion, perpetual calendar, minute, quarter and hour repeater with alarm, equation of time, star charts, sunrise, sunset..... more stuff than you could ever want froma watch, and all done with VC style!

http://www.modernhometheater.com/fea...107/slideshow/
Sponsored Links

Tags
blogspot, dress, fauxmega, favorite, forum, franck, italys, marine, maxi, muller, perpetual, revolution, video, watch, watches