Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 12-01-2009   #1

Cool DVD RECORDERS' RewritableDVD Discs.

There must be someone out there that has bought a DVD Recorder that uses DVD Rewritable discs,DVD+ RW orDVD-RW discs.Can you tell me how many times you can record some TV programs on these discs before they become no longer usable.I mean record in the same way we used to record TV programs on a blank VHS tape.Any suggestions on what brands of DVD discs to buy.Thank you.
xsavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: DVD RECORDERS' RewritableDVD Discs.

They claim at least 1,000 times.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #3

That helped a little.Between what the manufacturer says and reality,that's two different things.Anyone out there that has used one for a while can confirm this?
Old 12-08-2009   #4

Default Re: What's The Best Quality DVD+RW Media

I would recommend Verbatim, but you should probably buy in small quantities to be sure that they work OK first. Please be aware that DVD rewritable discs were never intended for long term storage and if you record something you want to keep forever, you need to record it to DVD-R or DVD+R.

________________________________________ ____

adirondack lawn chair | snoozer dog beds | washington printers

Last edited by jack1234; 12-28-2009 at 04:03 AM..
jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #5

If you have a DVD recorder and that you use rewritable discs,just how many times did you record over and over until it became no longer good.
Old 12-08-2009   #6
Administrator

I have used one at least 50 times. With DVRs the need to use a rewritable DVD is minimized so I've never had the need to test it. That is really a better way to go these days, especially for HDTV.

What is your application? If it is to use a DVD rather than a VHS tape recorder, I think a disc will outlast a tape in continuous use.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, disc, disks, dvd, quality, ray, record, recorder, rewritable, rewritables, times, whats