Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 05-26-2009   #1

Exclamation Insurance for home theater equipment???

I just switched homeowners insurance - seems no one want to write it in Florida anymore - and as I added up the value of my components, I realized that standard homeowners insurance will cover the value of my cables, but not much more.

Do any of you insure your gear, and if so - how and where? My new homeowners company does not write audio rider policies.
Celt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Insurance for home theater equipment???

I would have never thought of that. Lloyds will insure just about anything, I'd start there.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #3

I simply increased the contents coverage of my insurance high enough to cover everything.
While I have pictures of things like my shop tools & Home theater equipment I don't have everything specifically listed.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #4
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
I simply increased the contents coverage of my insurance high enough to cover everything.
While I have pictures of things like my shop tools & Home theater equipment I don't have everything specifically listed.
Seems like that should work unless his policy specifically excludes electronics.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #5

I live in PalmHarbor, Florida.
Let us hope that we never need to file a claim as the "People's Insurance" will be a disaster as is everything Florida
government thinks up.
I increased my coverage as well.
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #6

I owned an insurance agency for more than 15 years til I recently became disabled. Unless your policy excludes your stereo or home theater gear it is covered under the personal property section of your policy for the listed perils of the policy. This is usually fire, theft, etc. What is usually never covered is any type of power surges or outages so take the proper precautions your self to protect your equiptment for this. This is where the Audiophile APS pays for itself alone for not only surges but brownouts which probably cause more damage to electronics. Also, Flood insurance is a whole different policy.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
farmersre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, control, damaged, electrical, equipment, home, home theater, insurance, insure, insuring, lloyds, projection, sacramento, stereo, storm, system, systems, tv, video