Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 04-04-2009   #13

Default Re: Favorite musician

I hate to rain on anyone, but Jeff Beck does not play the bass, and he is without doubt the best electric guitar player extant. Yes, "So We Ended as Lovers" at Crossroads 07 (check youtube) was superb, but check the other JB tracks from that concert.
BTW, he's being inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame tonight, so maybe there'll be some jam footage from tonight's concert (if he decides to show up.
The Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #14

I've noticed a lot of guys mentioning The Blind Boys from Alabama, whom I have heard many times. They are good but not that good. Now if you want a black singing group with extraordinary sound, then you have to go back to The Mills Brothers. Their music will last long beyond our lifetimes. Exquisite harmony and such a blending of voices like right from God. I think people give The Blind Boys extra credit because they are blind, but you don't have to see to sing really good and they are just okay.
flaminio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #15
Administrator

I put the Blind Boys in the gospel category not singing groups. They are more than a singing group. Their lead guitarist is very good, imo.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #16

Gospel - Blind Boys of Alabama
Country - Brad Paisley
Rock & Roll - Elvis
Motown - Smokey Robinson
Do Wop - Platters
Classical - Don't care
sapphire123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #17

And I'm back! I’ve been trying to broaden and deepen my folk artist palate lately so I obviously thought of John Denver (R.I.P.). Everyone knows that his music really shaped a lot of folk and country artists and the way that music is even looked at today. Anyway I found out that a new live album of his is being released. “Around the World Live.” Anyone who is just getting into the genre of folk/country or who wants to learn more about the history of this style of music should check out this new release.
jrbassman712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbassman712 View Post
And I'm back! I’ve been trying to broaden and deepen my folk artist palate lately so I obviously thought of John Denver (R.I.P.). Everyone knows that his music really shaped a lot of folk and country artists and the way that music is even looked at today. Anyway I found out that a new live album of his is being released. “Around the World Live.” Anyone who is just getting into the genre of folk/country or who wants to learn more about the history of this style of music should check out this new release.
Appreciate your commentary, but the amazon.com affiliate links need to stop.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
beck, blattner, brudder, ended, favorite, group, iz, jeff, jules, julse, lovers, mp3, musician, so, video, youtube