Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 04-02-2009   #7

Default Re: Favorite musician

If we're talking rock and guitar at the same time...Eddie Van Halen. Never been anybody better... never will be.
nedrudrelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #8

Hard to give one favorite. There are many and impossible to choose among them. They would include:

Robert Fripp
Brian Eno
Elvis Costello
Richard Thompson
Bill Frisell
Jan Garbarek
David Sylvian
Peter Gabriel
Jefferson Airplane/Hot Tuna
David Byrne/Talking Heads
Van Morrison
June Tabor
Loudon Wainwright III
Martin Simpson
LotusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #9

Best guitar player I ever met was Jules Blattner from St. Louis. They have him listed as a rock guitarist, but that does him a humongous disservice. He could play jazz like nobody I ever met. His r&b was fantastic. His rock and roll was okay but truly he was so much better than that. Later in his career, he broke his hand, which pretty much limited him to rock and roll but he still played for many years. You have probably never heard of him, but I wish you could have heard him in his younger days. An extraordinary musician. I wish he would get the credit for what he was really good at.
flaminio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbassman712 View Post
Who is everyone's favorite musician? I play the guitar so my favorite is musician is a bass guitarist named Jeff Beck.

Jeff Beck, at least the Jeff Beck I know, is not a bass player (although I'm sure he could probably play it). That would be Jeff Beck, lead guitar player of the Yardbirds and the Jeff Beck Group, etc. Is there another Jeff Beck on the scene?

There is also "Beck", who I also like a lot (but he's not a "Jeff").
LotusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #11

jeff beck -bassist ha ha jimi hendrix-banjo player .who ever said jeff beck bass player must be a teenager .
REDSTRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #12

The Jeff Beck I know plays guitar and is a little above average. Their are guitarists in this world that would make him look like a beginner. Please, no offense meant. I die for superb guitar music. I do think I saw Jeff Beck play bass in one music video once though. Otherwise he is a guitarist.
flaminio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
beck, blattner, brudder, ended, favorite, group, iz, jeff, jules, julse, lovers, mp3, musician, so, video, youtube