Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 11-07-2008   #7
wes

Default Re: Circuit City, Tweeters, Economic Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsecon View Post
Circuit City discharged all experienced non-management employees, those making a whole $10.25 per hour or so, in 2007. The CEO pocketed all the "savings" himself. What do you expect? Shopping Best Buy instead.
Best buy sucks even more
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #8
Blu-ray Junkie

I had a Tweeters open for about 10 months when I lived in South Carolina. Very cool products, but the staff was pretty stingy on prices. They also choose a terrible location for the store and that probably led to their hasty demise.

Still have a Circuit City in that town though.
Flay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #9

All the places I bought TVs from recently are going belly up. I just saw the going out of business sale at Tweeter this weekend but CC doesn't have any stores listed in PA - I bought two Samsung TVs from them in the last year and got much better deals than I could have got at BB plus they actually had them in stock. Other than the DIVX debacle, I prefer shopping at CC rather than BB - I feel more at home there plus up until last year I felt like the help actually knew something about what they were selling. I've caught BB employees too many times saying outright wrong things about their products such as "yes it has LED backlighting " when they didn't even have that model in the store yet.

Scott
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #10
wes

Why is Costco taking them all because they have great customer service better prices and food. Amazon is also great I have spend thousands of dollars with both of them and never had any issues returning or getting support
Old 11-09-2008   #11

Costco has a limited selection. For example, the only Blu-ray player they carry is the Sony S350.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #12
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
Costco has a limited selection. For example, the only Blu-ray player they carry is the Sony S350.
Agreed that is why I shop at Amazon
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, circuit, city, crisi, crisis, economic, economy, effect, effects, nonmanagement, resolution, store, stores, tweeter, video