Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Posts (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts-56/)
-   -   Sara Palin To Ruin A Hero For me (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts/2616-sara-palin-ruin-hero-me.html)

JerryDelColliano 10-11-2008 08:23 AM

Sara Palin To Ruin A Hero For me

Self proclaimed Hockey Mom, Sara Palin, is going to be dropping the puck at the home opener of my Philadelphia Flyers as a political stunt designed by Flyers founder, Ed Snider. Snider is a personal hero of mine who built one of the most winning sports franchises from the ground up. Why he could mix his own political views in with the game I love so much - I don't know.

I wrote about it in InsideHockey.com

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/2032

Even if you think Palin is a H-MILF, do you really want her one heartbeat away from being Commander In Chief? I would rather have Tina Fey take the job.

TheMoose 10-11-2008 01:03 PM

Re: Sara Palin To Ruin A Hero For me

If the Hollywood types can go in front of any camera they can find & spout their political views why not sports team owners?

Oh & I'd rather have Palin a heartbeat away from being Commander In Chief than having a unqualified first term senator actually be the Commander In Chief!!

JerryDelColliano 10-11-2008 01:42 PM

Ahh.... the liberal media...

First off - I am a Hollywood type. CEO, Executive Producer of a feature film, founder of AVRev.com and ModernHomeTheater.com. I am the kinda Hollywood type that doesn't stand for budget deficits. I didn't have one when I ran AVRev.com and I don't think the country should either - but do you know who does? REPUBLICANS. And unlike Palin and McCain - I will use FACT to make my point. Regan - huge deficit, HW Bush - huge deficit. "w" Bush the biggest deficit and oversaw the largest banking system failure since The Great Depression. THEN we have Bill Clinton who paid off the budget deficit for the first time since LBJ (yet another Democrat) and left Social Security with money to spend and oversaw the longest boom economy in US history.

Now to the media "liberal" media
- Clear Channel - ties directly to the Bush White House
- Fox News - It doesn't get anymore unfair and unbalanced
- The Tribune Company - Run by Randy Michaels of Clear Channel

Now let's discuss what the openly conservative media...
- Have you read what Goerge Will said about John McCain's pick of Sara Palin?
- Same with David Gergen?

Its time in America - especially in the traditionally red states - that people stop voting "rich" and start voting SMART. Obama was quoting Ronald Regan today by asking "Are you better off today than you were four years ago?" So answer me that re: your IRA. Are you better off today because the stock market ended Friday lower than it was four years ago and for the record I bought more stock myself because I believe in America. Just not the moron that is currently running it.

JerryDelColliano 10-12-2008 07:07 AM

Video of Sara Palin being booed at last night's Flyers game

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_133911.html

Note on this video HOW LOUD the music is in the mix. Also note the Obama signs in the background. Santa Claus was never booed like this.

Now - here is the video without the media's influence as shot by someone in the nose bleed seats with a camera phone.

http://steveyoungonpolitics.com/poli...he-most-booed/

Note: Comcast (aka the cable provider and owner of the TV sports network) is the owner of the Flyers.

Most Recent PA Polls
- 10/11/08 - Morning Call Tracking... Obama/Biden +12
- 10/9/09 - Strategic Vision... Obama/Biden +14
- 10/7/09 - Rassmusen... Obama/Biden +13
- 10/7/09 - Survey USA... Obama/Biden +15

deacongreg 10-13-2008 09:30 AM

Re: Ahh.... the liberal media...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 18103)
First off - I am a Hollywood type. CEO, Executive Producer of a feature film, founder of AVRev.com and ModernHomeTheater.com. I am the kinda Hollywood type that doesn't stand for budget deficits. I didn't have one when I ran AVRev.com and I don't think the country should either - but do you know who does? REPUBLICANS. And unlike Palin and McCain - I will use FACT to make my point. Regan - huge deficit, HW Bush - huge deficit. "w" Bush the biggest deficit and oversaw the largest banking system failure since The Great Depression. THEN we have Bill Clinton who paid off the budget deficit for the first time since LBJ (yet another Democrat) and left Social Security with money to spend and oversaw the longest boom economy in US history.

Now to the media "liberal" media
- Clear Channel - ties directly to the Bush White House
- Fox News - It doesn't get anymore unfair and unbalanced
- The Tribune Company - Run by Randy Michaels of Clear Channel

Now let's discuss what the openly conservative media...
- Have you read what Goerge Will said about John McCain's pick of Sara Palin?
- Same with David Gergen?

Its time in America - especially in the traditionally red states - that people stop voting "rich" and start voting SMART. Obama was quoting Ronald Regan today by asking "Are you better off today than you were four years ago?" So answer me that re: your IRA. Are you better off today because the stock market ended Friday lower than it was four years ago and for the record I bought more stock myself because I believe in America. Just not the moron that is currently running it.

Hmmm,

You make some real good points here Jerry.

stevo238 10-13-2008 07:36 PM

Re: Sara Palin To Ruin A Hero For me

Hmm. You sound like a big jerk Jerry.

-Ronald Reagan had a two houses of Congress that were both Democrat. The House and the Senate control the purse strings Jerry.

-The collapse of Wall Street recently had it's roots in The Fannie/Freddie Mac debacle Jerry. Fannie/Freddie have been propped up by the Democrats for years.

- Let's face it Jerry. The media has propped up Obama from the beginning. Race trumps gender. Just ask Hillary and NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, The Washington Times, The LA times, (your home Jerry?) The NY times. I think I got you beat there on the Liberal media Jerry.

I see you like to pat yourself on the back Jerry with all those great things you've done. Super Moderator too! But after all, isn't that what you Hollywood types do....pat yourself on the back? You look like a clown in a suit Jerry.