Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 07-19-2008   #1
rex

Default The Dark Knight shatters all box office records.

The US' latest box office hit, Warner Bros' masterpiece The Dark Knight has already broken two records and is well on its way to shatter more, according to figures released today. A press release from Warner Bros. reads that "Just past the stroke of midnight, Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight broke the record for a 12:01 a.m. film opening, earning an unprecedented $18,489,000 at the box office... That total does not include the grosses from the subsequent 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. showings." One record down. http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/14848.cfm
Later in the day, the studio, as well as such reputable sites as Box Office Mojo revealed that The Dark Knight had broken the record for sales on opening day, bringing in about $66.4 million USD. The previous record was the $59.8 million USD brought in by Spider-Man 3 last year. The next record in TDK's path is that of all-time opening weekend, which is currently held by Spider-Man 3 with a gigantic $151.1 million. Judging by the first day sales as well as the huge amount of pre-orders, analysts, as well as the studio, expect the Batman sequel to top the record and bring in almost $160 million USD.
I think I will wait until, next week, then see a weekday matinee when I won't have to fight the throngs. Can't wait to get it, later on BD!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg darkknight4.jpg (11.6 KB, 2 views)
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #2

Default Re: The Dark Knight shatters all box office records.

I can hardly wait to play the Blu-Ray version of this in my system!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #3

Default Re: The Dark Knight shatters all box office records.

I saw Batman Begins in I-Max. It was excellent. I must check and see if The Dark Knight is available this way, as well.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #4
rex

Default THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I saw Batman Begins in I-Max. It was excellent. I must check and see if The Dark Knight is available this way, as well.
THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE, from Warner Bros. Pictures, will feature six sequences filmed with IMAX® cameras. This marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats.

http://www.imax.com/ImaxWeb/static/s...ver/index.html
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #5

Thumbs down Re: THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE

I thought the movie was lame, and did NOT live up to the hype.
The Batman voice was just annoying.
Ledger was only good as the Joker because he obviously studied and reproduced Jack Nicholson's version.

There were a few good scenes, but I just did not care for the movie.

FYI. Bruce Wayne's Lambo is on the cover of DuPont Registry mag. this month if you want to see/read more about it.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #6

Default Re: THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE, from Warner Bros. Pictures, will feature six sequences filmed with IMAX® cameras. This marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats.

http://www.imax.com/ImaxWeb/static/s...ver/index.html

Yes rex, I read also that some scenes were shot in IMAX> Maybe this week I can make my way to see it.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, box, dark, dupont, forums, imax, knight, midnight, mojo, office, opening, quotes, records, registrymag, shatters