Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 06-17-2008   #7

Default Re: Was The Happening really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
I read an article about The Happening today and M. Night was talking about how he intended to make a modern day B movie. More like a cereal picture than a serious statement on today's modern culture. Knowing this I may give the film a chance however, it could be a filmmaker trying to explain the dismal failure of a film by trying to pass it off as "the audience didn't get it".

I may break down and see the Hulk too but Ed Norton is far from my favorite person. I don't really like watching him although I think Tim Roth is amazing.
Well Andrew, M. Night`s last movie I did not like. However, From what my sources have said, I`m willing to give The Happening a shot. As far as the Hulk goes, I was wondering why the guys at Marvel Comics made another Hulk in the first place. Its not like its the Hulk II, or a sequel. Though from what I have been told, it supposedly starts from where the first Hulk left off.

But to me, it seems like an indictment to the first film. Like, it was not that good, so lets make another. I agree though, that the first actor should have been given a shot to play the Hulk again. He played Hector in "Troy."
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Well Andrew, M. Night`s last movie I did not like. However, From what my sources have said, I`m willing to give The Happening a shot. As far as the Hulk goes, I was wondering why the guys at Marvel Comics made another Hulk in the first place. Its not like its the Hulk II, or a sequel. Though from what I have been told, it supposedly starts from where the first Hulk left off.

But to me, it seems like an indictment to the first film. Like, it was not that good, so lets make another. I agree though, that the first actor should have been given a shot to play the Hulk again. He played Hector in "Troy."
It did pick-up from where the other left-off. I thought of the first movie as more character building than anything else. This new one had a plot and a real bad guy for the Hulk to fight. I liked it much better.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #9

Thumbs down Re: Was The Happening really that bad?

Quote:
The talk around the office today (besides the new digs for we've moved to the heart of Wilshire) was how horrible The Happening was. I wanted to see it but am now having second thoughts. Is it really that bad?

I skipped Indiana Jones and Hulk but Iron Man was great. The Happening was to be my other summer film but I guess I'll skip it. Care to comment...
Just saw it. It was as bad as the reviews said. Save your money on this one.
Old 06-19-2008   #10
rex

Quote:
I may break down and see the Hulk too but Ed Norton is far from my favorite person. I don't really like watching him although I think Tim Roth is amazing.
Andrew,
Why don't you like Edward Norton?
He is one reason why I would see The Hulk. I think the actor, producer, director, screenwriter is very talented -- twice nominated for Academy Awards, Golden Globe winner, as well as winner of many film critic association awards, etc. He also seems perfectly cast as Dr. Bruce Banner. JMHO
Tim Roth was good in Rob Roy, though I can't think of a single other memorable performance.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
Andrew,
Why don't you like Edward Norton?
He is one reason why I would see The Hulk. I think the actor, producer, director, screenwriter is very talented -- twice nominated for Academy Awards, Golden Globe winner, as well as winner of many film critic association awards, etc. He also seems perfectly cast as Dr. Bruce Banner. JMHO
Tim Roth was good in Rob Roy, though I can't think of a single other memorable performance.
+1. He was a great Bad Guy in the Italian Job.
Old 06-20-2008   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
It did pick-up from where the other left-off. I thought of the first movie as more character building than anything else. This new one had a plot and a real bad guy for the Hulk to fight. I liked it much better.
I hear you. I`ve heard nothing but good things about the Hulk, and you just confirmed what I heard about it picking up from the first one.
But, I was told who showed up at the end of the movie!! That is amazing!!
Will that spoil the movie for me though??
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
av, bad, edward, forum, guy, happening, happining, horrible, movie, norton, people, quotes, selfcentered, sequel, videos