Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 05-08-2008   #19

Smile Re: Nissan GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Yeah, and they are available for like $250K over sticker! Nope, I am all for my Honda Element right now, I can beat the hell out of it and not give a hoot if it gets messed up, $420K for a 599 and I would be scared to drive it like it should be driven!
I hear you, but first, why be afraid, second, I forgot the name of the dealership they were in, in Miami, but a good one, and though Tanner Faust the host did confirm what you said about others charging over sticker, this excellent dealership in Miami was not.
But kenny, why be afraid, anything can get hit, you are not afraid to buy your equipment, and that can get damaged too.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #20

Default Re: Nissan GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I saw the R8 for the first time in person when I was in London and then again at the car show. It looks even better in person. Every time I see it, I like it more.

I saw Ironman this afternoon, they had one in it too. They also had one in Friday night's episode of Moonlight (if you watch CBS).

I would just like to see the 0-60 time better than 4.5 sec. It just looks like it should be faster.
I hear you, but the car is awesome. And tanner took it on the track, and was very impressed. 4.0 or 4.5, hey, we are not race car drivers, so for me, it does not make a difference. Its the fun when you get behind that wheel. Too bad you could not go for a test drive. But Audi now has a driving program you can got to like BMW, and have some fun.
Old 05-08-2008   #21

[QUOTE=deacongreg;14693]Miami, but a good one, and though Tanner Faust the host did confirm what you said about others charging over sticker, this excellent dealership in Miami was not.QUOTE]

By contract with Ferarri, NO dealer may sell a new Fararri over stick price, they CAN and DO frequently buy them back immediately from those who were on the list and then jack the price up as now it is a used car, but they never sell a NEW one at over sticker or they risk losing their Ferarri dealership license!!!

If you were luck9y enough to take delivery of a 599, the dealer likely is offering you ~$50-100K MORE than you paid for it to sign the title right back over to them! Sounds bizzarre, but it's how Ferarri's are sold.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #22

Question Re: Nissan GT-R

I hear you kenny. I went to my DVR, and I stand corrected, Tanner sent them to Symbolic, one of the top dealers of exotic cars for Bentley, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Lambo, and Lotus in Lohoya, California. He stated that he HEARD that the Ferrari 599 GTB was selling for 100 - 200, 000 more.

So, I`m sure he heard it from a good source, but justed wanted to clear up. It seems crazy however, if like you said you could lose your license, why bother. And furthermore, its not like exotic cars are discounted, aren`t they making enough on the sale, not to play this game?
Old 05-08-2008   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I hear you kenny. I went to my DVR, and I stand corrected, Tanner sent them to Symbolic, one of the top dealers of exotic cars for Bentley, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Lambo, and Lotus in Lohoya, California. He stated that he HEARD that the Ferrari 599 GTB was selling for 100 - 200, 000 more.

So, I`m sure he heard it from a good source, but justed wanted to clear up. It seems crazy however, if like you said you could lose your license, why bother. And furthermore, its not like exotic cars are discounted, aren`t they making enough on the sale, not to play this game?
It's ALL about GREED. If you got the $$$ to buy it, they want it and then some.
That's why most people classify car salesman @ the bottom of the crap barrel.

I have walked away from an M6 and CL65 this year due to BAD salesmen.

Last edited by rlpiii; 05-08-2008 at 04:20 PM..
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I have walked away from an M6 and CL65 this year due to BAD salesmen.
Best story I know of, a pair of plastic surgeons went to a Porsche dealer to buy a pair of 928S's (yes this was some time ago). they had been playing tennis and were in casual clothes and sweaty, the dealer laughed at them and blew them off.

they did the 'Pretty Woman" thing, and went across town and bought them, then drove back to the prior dealer, just to show him they weren't kidding!

I was lucky, my MB dealer was the husband of a nurse I knew so he was great, and my Saab purchase was also good (car was a POS but..)

When we bought my wife's Nissan Murano, I built it on line and called the dealership and asked for the internet sale manager and he cut me the price I wanted and got me out of the dealership in 40 minutes.

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
cars, cl65, date, exposed, forum, gtr, hd, hdtv, mb, nissan, preamp, revolution, stereo, supercars, video