Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 05-02-2008   #7

Default Re: Nissan GT-R

I liked the CLS AMG's when they first came out, but I don't fit into them, and now that look has become really popular and I no longer like it.

I still have my 2002 CLK 55 Cab, I think that will remain my last MB until I go for the mac-daddy S65.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #8

I just ran across a Road and Track with this car, the Lexus GT-F and one other on the cover, it's amazing how many cars you can buy with 500 hp these days!

A very close friend has a preorder on the Lexus GT-F when it ever gets released..... I look forward to a drive of this car, Alan won't let me drive his Lambo Merc, which is OK as I don't fit into it to drive anyway, but he better let me drive the Lexus when it comes in!
Old 05-02-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I liked the CLS AMG's when they first came out, but I don't fit into them, and now that look has become really popular and I no longer like it.

I still have my 2002 CLK 55 Cab, I think that will remain my last MB until I go for the mac-daddy S65.
It's just hard for me to justify ~$180k+ for an MB (SLR excluded).

A while back I did almost get a CL65, but that did not work out.
I really do like the AMG 65 engine.
I just don't think the 65 has $50k more to offer.

The 63 for ~$50k less is just a much better value.

Also, I like the 2009 CLS 63 over the 2008.
There are a few subtle exterior differences between them.

I am still deciding if I want to hold onto my 2003 C32.
I have the option to turn it in and walk away free and clear in Oct.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #10

Smile Re: Nissan GT-R

Quote:
I just ran across a Road and Track with this car, the Lexus GT-F and one other on the cover, it's amazing how many cars you can buy with 500 hp these days!

A very close friend has a preorder on the Lexus GT-F when it ever gets released..... I look forward to a drive of this car, Alan won't let me drive his Lambo Merc, which is OK as I don't fit into it to drive anyway, but he better let me drive the Lexus when it comes in!
First kenny,

On the Nissan, both Road and Track and Motor Trend tested the new Nissan against Porsche, Corvette, and something else.. And, it won out. Great value for the money like the Z-06. However, the Lexus is hot. I saw one live at Ray Catena Lexus in Mamaroneck. But what really got me going was the hour special they did on the Speed Channel on this car. The show was called "Super Cars Exposed". Which is becoming my favorite car show these days. Wickedly fast, still smooth, and handles very well.

That is too bad on the Lambo. I`ve always wanted to drive a Gallardo. The Murcileago I feel is too big. But, as far as the Lexus goes, I could not get in the car, (door locked) the dimensions look small in the Lexus.
However, the guy doing the show looked to be 6`1, so if he can get in, I can get in. I`m six foot even. I`ve been in a Ferrari, not a Lambo.

How tall are you kenny?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #11

6'6" and I am long in the torso so headroom is a real problem.
Old 05-02-2008   #12

Quote:
6'6" and I am long in the torso so headroom is a real problem.
Dag, your tall also. When Jerry told me he was 6`4, I could not believe it. These pictures do you guys no justice. I`ll tell you what you might try. On a recent Super Cars Exposed, ex-basketball player Chris Mills was testing out a Ferrari 599 GTB. All 6`7 of him. That might due for you!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
cars, cl65, date, exposed, forum, gtr, hd, hdtv, mb, nissan, preamp, revolution, stereo, supercars, video