Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 05-01-2008   #7
rex

Default Grand Theft Auto IV for kids?

Ken,
I agree with you; but I do think it should be rated for adults, not "M". The ratings are a joke. It was expected to sale $400 million in the first week alone; but so far sales have surpassed expectations.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/04/29/g...ef=mpstoryview
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #8

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto IV; Anyone got it?

Yeah, I have to agree, it really isn't geared towards kids, but then again, when I was a kid I managed to get anything I wanted that was not made/allowed of me, so I would expect even rating it 'XXX' wouldn't stop kids from playing it...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I was watching HNN this evening and they were claiming that this game causes people to kill in the real world!

While I admit, it isn't designed for kids, though many do find a way to buy and play it, it is a game... I personally find it entertaining (at least I have the prior versions) and see it as fun, nothing more. It is not going to make me load my guns and go seek out hookers and cops to 'bust a cap in'!

Peter/(greg), how old are you (is Peter)? Do you think this will make you do just this???
hey peter again. im 16 i have been following along with the gta series since it came out. to me i agree its really mostly entertaining! i loved it running around in the game puttin caps in the peds and runnig crazy with the cars running people over. i dont really think it would make me wanna go find a gun and kill people because the fact is its only a game!!!! sometimes when people say oh yea they killed people because of these video games i think its rediculous and very unfair to label these games like that. thats my opinion
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #10

I got to play some of this game this weekend, it is only in 720p but the graphics are really good and the gameplay is pretty good as well. I have to figure out the game play and get better at fighting, but I will have time to do that...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #11
rex

Default Record Sales

Sold half a billion dollars in one week!
Not a bad return on the $100 million production cost!

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/05/07...0-million-fir/
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I got to play some of this game this weekend, it is only in 720p but the graphics are really good and the gameplay is pretty good as well. I have to figure out the game play and get better at fighting, but I will have time to do that...
Glad you are enjoying game. How was your trip? I hope, successful.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, auto, grand, iv, theft