Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 04-20-2008   #1

Default Deadliest Catch...

Do you watch it?

Jerry and I were talking about this show and both love it!

I am a Sig fan on the Northwestern, but Jonathan and the TIme Bandit deserve credit, if for nothing other than the name of their boat, well, that and pulling a guy out of the water in Series 3(?). I love how they haze the greenhorns, especially when they whine! Making them pull pots up by hand and coil the lines manually! It reminds me of what residency was like, though we were in a climate controlled place!

I want to know why the barmaid at the Elbow Room isn't a bigger part! She is smoking hot and has some of the biggest pots' on the show!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #2

Default Re: Deadliest Catch...

I am totally hooked on this show. LOVE IT.

Sig Hansen is like Christopher Hansen but on the water. He is the MAN.

Dude, have you checked out my new pet project at Neptune Audio? Crazy cool, digital EQ for $3,500. Very high end. PJ Zornosa just took them on as their rep
http://neptuneeq.com/
Old 04-20-2008   #3

Dude,

Sig's hair is shorter!

I need to look into this more, it seems room EQ, which was once only done by a few like TacT (Lyngdorf) and Meridian, then Audyssey, now it's done by many.... Audyssey is in many systems, and Anthem now has their own (which is smoking good!) I would never have guessed room correction to be the next front in HT and audio, but it seems it is rapidly becoming one!

I am stunned at the trend in Room Correction, and very thankful for its rising! Few of us, even you Jerry, are using rooms perfectly designed for HT or audio, so RC seems fitting, and when you add in the way it can take a simple system and makes it sound BETTER you can only love the idea! I am still stunned how much better the Anthem ARC made my room/system sound!

I am still currently watching Deadliest Catch here in Montgomery, AL......
Old 04-20-2008   #4

I've watched Deadliest Catch since the first season, it's just nuts what those guys do!!
I don't know who has the harder job though, the fishermen or the camera guys!!

The Audyssey MultEQ XT rocks!!
I watched a Blu-Ray movie whit my Denon as it came out of the box & then with the Audyssey & man what a difference!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #5

Moose,

Why am I not surprised you watch this show too???

I wondered about the camera guys too, I really wonder when the captain sleeps, so often they are talking about how many continuous hours the crew has been working, and the captain has to be up then too....

The other amazing thing is the difference in pay, I was watching a final episode the other day, the guys on the Northwestern or Time Bandit got $57,000 for King Crab season, some on other boats got $17,000.

While I realize it is a short season, and $17K is good for a month's (+/-) work, it seems hugely disparate!
Old 04-21-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Do you watch it?

Jerry and I were talking about this show and both love it!

I am a Sig fan on the Northwestern, but Jonathan and the TIme Bandit deserve credit, if for nothing other than the name of their boat, well, that and pulling a guy out of the water in Series 3(?). I love how they haze the greenhorns, especially when they whine! Making them pull pots up by hand and coil the lines manually! It reminds me of what residency was like, though we were in a climate controlled place!

I want to know why the barmaid at the Elbow Room isn't a bigger part! She is smoking hot and has some of the biggest pots' on the show!
As being a former Navy man, I watch the show (not religiously) but I do love to watch it! As for the hazing - the hazing is downgraded for the cameras - anything you see on camera concerning hazing - make it 5 times worse. They say hazing doesn't exist in the Navy anymore - riiiiight !
Fishing is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, especially in those Alaskan waters!
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, barmaid, catch, deadliest, elbow, hazing, hot, littlemidget, meade, plastic, robin, room, superiorpics, surgery, whos