Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Posts (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts-56/)
-   -   Prediction: Al Gore is the Dem's candidate for 2008 (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts/1787-prediction-al-gore-dems-candidate-2008-a.html)

JerryDelColliano 03-31-2008 08:17 AM

Prediction: Al Gore is the Dem's candidate for 2008

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Along with Bob Rapoport (an industry consultant) we have both been saying this Hillary-Barack beating has been senseless and that something good is going to come of it.

Now it is starting to look like Al Gore could be the phoenix rising from the ashes of aNOTHER Democratic screw up (that's Ted - and YES we remember what you did to Jimmy Carter even if we were only 8 years old).

Barack's rock star enthusiasm is VERY valuable. Hillary's ability to fight off Karl Rove when he will be playing to keep Cheney and his croneys out of jail is what should have made her the nominee but NEITHER have been able to pul away. Maybe its just karma saying that Al Gore, who was right on a number of issues like the War and the environment, might get his rightful place as winner of the 2000 election (yes, I am saying FLA was stolen from him by Katherine Harris and the Supreme Court).

Gore has to play it cool. He must make a MINT being on the board at Apple (talk about different than Haliburton, but not really) so getting into this mess again would have to be worth it. And this year with John McCain war hawking and Bush overseeing the ruin of the dollar and one hell of a weak economy - the stage is set.

You heard it here first....

i30krab 03-31-2008 11:39 AM

Re: Prediction: Al Gore is the Dem's candidate for 2008

I appreciate your enthusiasm but Al Gore has lost too much of his political base and more importantly time wise it's too late for him to enter the race! The democrats appear to be dangerously close to losing the white house again. It should have been a no brainer but the Dem's appear to be in trouble.

I happen to be a conservative but I could live with Hilliary as president. Barack is another story. His relationship with that wacko minister Jeremiah Wright, , Louis Farrican, and Libya's Gaddafi is enough for me to question his judgment and veracity about these relationships. The only rock star status I see with Barack is his ability to tap dance around the truth and important policy questions. I mean even Sammy Davis Jr. couldn't dance like this and he was truly talented.

Only time will tell who is right!

rlpiii 03-31-2008 12:17 PM

Maybe you did have some of the wine. . . HA HA
Al, at best, could be somebody's VP. . . it's too late for him. . . too many delegates have been won.

kloneman 03-31-2008 08:00 PM

The best thing that could come out of this is the unseating of the idiots who've been screwing this country for the past 8 years.

The next best thing would be a a call to revamp the system by which candidates are selected to run, since the outputs of the system as it currently is practiced represent the interests of their respective parties (i.e. select someone who is most "electable") rather than the best interests of the country (select someone who will do things that may not be popular with everyone, but are inarguably needed).

In my humble opinion, their platform should include:

(1) bringing our kids home from fighting an oil patch war on the behalf of people (including oil interests) that have no real interest in Democracy;

(2) Fix our broken economy by removing the incentives to offshore or otherwise not pay people what they're worth when they work, removing the ability to sponsor fiscally unsound finance and lending practices, restoring realistic versus absurdly inflated assessments of property values, that amount to a pyramid scheme. This includes the replacement of sound methods of funding retirement with the purchase of high-risk investments.

(3) Repair our broken education system so that - replacing the travesty of "No Child Left behind" with a system, where teacher's time is not uselessly expended teach the test, but is instead used to communicate knowledge, study skills, and fosters critical thinking needed to produce a productive, efficient competitive workforce. Most importantly the revamped system should instill in students that noncompliance to rules will bring swift and painful consequences but compliance will be rewarded and that failure is something to be feared. Higher education should be revamped so that more opportunities are provided for US citizens over foreign nationals who wind up working for our competitors.

(4) Repair our reputation and status in the eyes of the world. We are currently viewed as the bully of the world, and the last 8 years have given some very unstable people even more reasons to hate us, and try to hurt us if they can.

(5) Remove the incentives for HMOs and others to gouge those who have to pay for health services. These business got started by waving the banner of reduced costs, but have instead increased costs and provided obstacles for people seeking treatment.

I could go on, but I'm tired.

i30krab 03-31-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kloneman (Post 13449)
The best thing that could come out of this is the unseating of the idiots who've been screwing this country for the past 8 years.

The next best thing would be a a call to revamp the system by which candidates are selected to run, since the outputs of the system as it currently is practiced represent the interests of their respective parties (i.e. select someone who is most "electable") rather than the best interests of the country (select someone who will do things that may not be popular with everyone, but are inarguably needed).

In my humble opinion, their platform should include:

(1) bringing our kids home from fighting an oil patch war on the behalf of people (including oil interests) that have no real interest in Democracy;

(2) Fix our broken economy by removing the incentives to offshore or otherwise not pay people what they're worth when they work, removing the ability to sponsor fiscally unsound finance and lending practices, restoring realistic versus absurdly inflated assessments of property values, that amount to a pyramid scheme. This includes the replacement of sound methods of funding retirement with the purchase of high-risk investments.

(3) Repair our broken education system so that - replacing the travesty of "No Child Left behind" with a system, where teacher's time is not uselessly expended teach the test, but is instead used to communicate knowledge, study skills, and fosters critical thinking needed to produce a productive, efficient competitive workforce. Most importantly the revamped system should instill in students that noncompliance to rules will bring swift and painful consequences but compliance will be rewarded and that failure is something to be feared. Higher education should be revamped so that more opportunities are provided for US citizens over foreign nationals who wind up working for our competitors.

(4) Repair our reputation and status in the eyes of the world. We are currently viewed as the bully of the world, and the last 8 years have given some very unstable people even more reasons to hate us, and try to hurt us if they can.

(5) Remove the incentives for HMOs and others to gouge those who have to pay for health services. These business got started by waving the banner of reduced costs, but have instead increased costs and provided obstacles for people seeking treatment.

I could go on, but I'm tired.

Uh,

You wouldn't happen to have 10 trillion dollars hidden away and this amount may just barely fix our educational system!

It's amazing how our great country still manages to plod along day after day, no it's more of a miracle. Oh well GOD BLESS AMERICA.

kloneman 04-01-2008 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i30krab (Post 13451)
Uh,

You wouldn't happen to have 10 trillion dollars hidden away and this amount may just barely fix our educational system!

It's amazing how our great country still manages to plod along day after day, no it's more of a miracle. Oh well GOD BLESS AMERICA.

I agree it is amazing.

Regarding your observation of the costs - We could start paying for this fix by taking back some of that money that oil companies and the top 1% have been siphoning off, and stop pouring it down that sinkhole in IRAQ. Five of those oil companies made a staggering 110 BILLION last year. Exxon made a record $40 Billion in profits this year alone.