Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 04-01-2008   #7

Talking That Minsiter

I happen to be a conservative but I could live with Hilliary as president. Barack is another story. His relationship with that wacko minister Jeremiah Wright, , Louis Farrican, and Libya's Gaddafi is enough for me to question his judgment and veracity about these relationships. The only rock star status I see with Barack is his ability to tap dance around the truth and important policy questions. I mean even Sammy Davis Jr. couldn't dance like this and he was truly talented.

-----

Leave the Candy Man out of this.

Than Minster is a moron but the fact Barack escaped the issue with only a scrape or two shows either a) how slick he is (in the spirit of Slick Willy) or b) how badly the right wing media (think Fox News, Clear Channel etc...) wants him to be the candidate over Hillary.

I think the liberals don't like Hillary because she is doing a 1/2 assed version of Bill's play it down the middle routine and they are looking for somebody WAY more liberal. Personally, I am looking for somebody who can fix the economy and even Rush Limbaugh can say Bill Clinton oversaw the longest boom economy in US history. Hillary would do the same but she is on the rocks.
Old 04-01-2008   #8

Default Kloneman's right on

In my humble opinion, their platform should include:

(1) bringing our kids home from fighting an oil patch war on the behalf of people (including oil interests) that have no real interest in Democracy;

------

Don't forget to get the oil pumping before we leave in mass numbers. That was why we are there and why 4,000 of our own had to die. With a reported 50 day oil reserve in this country - we need the oil out of that hell hole flowing until Al Gore can detox us from our dependancy.

(2) Fix our broken economy by removing the incentives to offshore or otherwise not pay people what they're worth when they work, removing the ability to sponsor fiscally unsound finance and lending practices, restoring realistic versus absurdly inflated assessments of property values, that amount to a pyramid scheme. This includes the replacement of sound methods of funding retirement with the purchase of high-risk investments.

Under Bill Clinton we had WAY less top line tax revenue (1.3 trillion reported) but a budget surplus for the first time since LBJ and the longest BOOM economy in US History. He is best Republican ever to call himself a Democrat.

Somehow "W" has taken 2.7 trillion a year in top line revenue (reported) and gotten us deeper and deeper into debt, started a war we can't seem to win and run the econom into the ground including ruining the one mighty dollar.

(3) Repair our broken education system so that - replacing the travesty of "No Child Left behind" with a system, where teacher's time is not uselessly expended teach the test, but is instead used to communicate knowledge, study skills, and fosters critical thinking needed to produce a productive, efficient competitive workforce. Most importantly the revamped system should instill in students that noncompliance to rules will bring swift and painful consequences but compliance will be rewarded and that failure is something to be feared. Higher education should be revamped so that more opportunities are provided for US citizens over foreign nationals who wind up working for our competitors.

----

As my mother, who works as a 25 year veteran in the Philly public school system says, this program is "No Child Gets Ahead". It should be tossed.

Teachers should make $100,000 a year starting salary but should be held to WAY higher standards. Unions don't like it - BREAK THEM. The country depends on it because China and India are cranking out pH.d's like cheap speakers and HDMI switchers. We are not as good as we though we were as Americans. Boomers are sell outs who took the money and ran leaving the economy and environment in turmoil. Its time to try to fix things in a global economy now. Its going to be much more difficult. Perhaps making friends not world enemies would be a good start. At that level, putting Bill on a G550 and visiting the world would be a good reason to vote for Hillary.

(4) Repair our reputation and status in the eyes of the world. We are currently viewed as the bully of the world, and the last 8 years have given some very unstable people even more reasons to hate us, and try to hurt us if they can.

---

See bill comment above

(5) Remove the incentives for HMOs and others to gouge those who have to pay for health services. These business got started by waving the banner of reduced costs, but have instead increased costs and provided obstacles for people seeking treatment.

---

I am a publisher and CEO of an Internet company and even I get screwed by heathcare at the top PPO level.

Blue Shield WILL NOT pay for Nexium despite the fact that it is the ONLY drug that keeps my over-night acid reflux in check. They have been dicking me, my doctor and my accountant (who is helping me fight back) by forcing me to try ever (and I mean every) other drug on the market resulting in me getting SICK in the process.

I ask a Republican - how is that a "family value" How is that "Good for American children?" How is that good for the "American Economy"
Old 04-01-2008   #9

Default Why it is still a lock for Democrats

This fight between Obama and Clinton is pathetic. Its keeping me from giving them any money at this stage but I will later as we can't have the failures we have had in this country (think: there is a 6 foot 5 guy responsible for 9/11 who was never caught yet we invade a different country) any longer.

While i think the popular vote is more meaningful (so does Al Gore, I bet) we still have the old college thus it might be time to look at who can win what states to see if there is anything to worry about or will we elect a president who thinks we are actually WINNING in Iraq.

In modern politics, red states tend to always go red and blue states always blue leaving a few key swing states o determine the race. Those big swing states are FLA and OH which were both red. Do you think they are red this time out in 2008? Health care is a big issue in FLA and they have a lot of older Americans who vote there. The economy is a big issue in OH and there won't be as much fooling around with disinfranchising voters there like there was in 2004. I know a few Californians who are going with video cameras to monitor polling stations at their own cost to keep Karl Rove's dirty tricks to a minimum.

But where the rubber hits the road is in the Southwest. Arizona, although booming under a Democratic Gov, will vote for McCain for certain but NM (lost by 2% in 04) will go blue. Nevada (Lost by like %7 in 04) is more unionized than ever and enjoying people from CA moving there for cheaper housing. Colorado has the same effect (lost by 9%) with people from the east and CA moving looking for more affordable housing.

Even if you say the Dems lose FLA and OH - they would win with the new Southwest.

Moreover - if LA votes republican, they will have missed the only real chance they would have to voice their opinion on the gross mismanagement of the Katrina disaster. George Bush could have appointed someone other than a moron to the position OR could have sent in real relief but didn't. If they go red - they deserve the bad treatment in my eyes. That's NOT how we roll in America. Politics are imperfect for certain but we always should vote out the real idiots from either side of the isle.
Old 04-01-2008   #10

Default Re: Prediction: Al Gore is the Dem's candidate for 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneman View Post
I agree it is amazing.

Regarding your observation of the costs - We could start paying for this fix by taking back some of that money that oil companies and the top 1% have been siphoning off, and stop pouring it down that sinkhole in IRAQ. Five of those oil companies made a staggering 110 BILLION last year. Exxon made a record $40 Billion in profits this year alone.
Can you imagine the HT we could put together with that kind of money? lol

Seriously there are 3 simple words to describe the abyss where the money disappears,
industrial, military complex. This is exactly what Ike predicted during his tenure in office.
I doubt he ever really knew the extent of his prediction.

None of this aggressive government spending is new,

The classic case is the USSR when as far back as the late 40s and early 50s when the OSS was evolving into the CIA. The USA knew from espionage and defections Russia was a paper tiger with no real war machine, they were broke and broken from WWll. Even when they had nuclear missiles and nuclear submarines they still had no spare parts, their subs were poorly built and there wasn't enough food to feed their population. Why do you think they backed down during the Cuban missile crisis. Look how they performed in Afghanistan. The US knew but why tell the public if you can funnel trillions into a scheme that could provide such unimaginable riches to such a few elite individuals?

Bottom line, same channel same program different time, nothing changes because history repeats itself!

Now go out there and start putting together that 10 million $$ HT system and join the big boys.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #11

"I am a publisher and CEO of an Internet company and even I get screwed by heathcare at the top PPO level.

Blue Shield WILL NOT pay for Nexium despite the fact that it is the ONLY drug that keeps my over-night acid reflux in check. They have been dicking me, my doctor and my accountant (who is helping me fight back) by forcing me to try ever (and I mean every) other drug on the market resulting in me getting SICK in the process".

You are correct about nexium it does work better than prilosec and many other proton-pump-inhibitors. While you're fighting these pencil pushers go to the Canada Pharmacy website
http://www.canadapharmacy.com and check their prices. This is the most highly rated Canadian INTERNET pharmacy.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #12
Super Moderator

Jerry:

I'm glad you agreed with me on my earlier post. The debate between Clinton and Obama is perhaps painful to watch, but consider this: Usually, the candidate is selected before everyone votes - does that seem fair to those who have not yet voted?

The time between the primary elections and the general election is important because:
(1) it provides the people of this country an opportunity to review the demeanor and record of the candidates before making a final selection, and (2) it gives candidates with enough money and influence a chance to communicate what they think is important to the people they claim to represent, as well why they believe they are the best person for the job.

I'm not sure this vetting process is too long or not long enough, given the ebb and flow of the process sometimes take more time than we allow, and given results of the process in the last two elections. I believe that the muck-raking the parties backing each candidate are engaging in is a waste of the most valuable resource - time. The protracted battle is also financially costly, which ties into what I will say below.

I am also certain that the best people for the job never can obtain it, because of the money and power connections required to pursue it. Intellect, integrity and the ability to overcome really tough obstacles must be combined with a sense of humility and servitude - I just don't know where you can find that on either side of the fence today...

Last edited by kloneman; 04-01-2008 at 08:16 PM..
kloneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links