Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-19-2008   #13

Default Re: Would you buy Home Theater gear on EBay?

While I haven't bought, I am glad that others buy. My wife would never let me get new toys if I couldn't get something for the old ones! A few of the things I have sold within the past few years: Denon AVR-3200, AVR-3805; two HDD/DVRs: Panasonic DMR E-85H and Sony RDR-HX715 (Got 100 more than what I gave Brandsmart for the Sony!). My Onkyo Net-Tune NC-500 also went. I always start the auction at the minimum of $0.99, and let the market decide. I have NEVER been disappointed in the finall selling price.

My seller ratings are perfect on ebay. I think it is very important to look at the feedback for the seller. However, new ebay policies that prevent the seller from leaving negative feedback for deadbeat buyers (and I have had a few!) may change many sellers from continuing to list.
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #14

I have sold some old PS3 games on eBay and got almost what they cost new for them!!! It's amazing what people will pay. A few years back I sold my Apple 17" LCD monitor (when they were going for $699 new, $694 w/free shipping from macmall) on eBay, the buyer paid me $685 and change!!! He saved less than $9 on a $700 item and got it used no less!!!

Thus why I like to sell there, but rarely buy..... I did once get a brand new Campy 8 speed front derailleur for $5.25 shipped though!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #15

3 years ago I bought my Sunfire sub new on e-bay (not an authorized dealer, but a highly rated seller), but loved the price and continue to love the sub. I'd make sure the seller checks out. You also have limited protection through e-bay and paypal.
The Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ear View Post
3 years ago I bought my Sunfire sub new on e-bay (not an authorized dealer, but a highly rated seller), but loved the price and continue to love the sub. I'd make sure the seller checks out. You also have limited protection through e-bay and paypal.
Well it turns out he may be an authorized dealer but JL does not authorize eBay sales, so they would not honor the warranty!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Well it turns out he may be an authorized dealer but JL does not authorize eBay sales, so they would not honor the warranty!
That's what I was afraid of. That lumps the equipment in a category of possibly undetermined price for gear with no support. The deal better be very good, and the equipment be reliable. If you do elect to buy anyway, find out what non-warranty support costs.
Old 03-20-2008   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneman View Post
That's what I was afraid of. That lumps the equipment in a category of possibly undetermined price for gear with no support. The deal better be very good, and the equipment be reliable. If you do elect to buy anyway, find out what non-warranty support costs.
Well it was a JL Fathon F112 sub, list price $2700 & he was selling it NIB for $1650!
It was a Hell of a deal!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
3a, auction, audio, authorized, buy, buying, ebay, equipment, fosgate, gear, home, parts, price, theater, theatre, warranty