Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-17-2008   #7
Super Moderator

Default Re: Would you buy Home Theater gear on EBay?

Ah, Cool. then you know what to do next - set up an alert for when he lists again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Well I passed on it today I only found it about 4 hours before the auction expired & needed a little more time to research the dealer.
It turns out he is an authorized dealer with a 99.3% positive feedback score but since he said he's sold 40 of them I don't think I'll have a problem finding it again when I'm ready to buy.
Old 03-17-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneman View Post
Ah, Cool. then you know what to do next - set up an alert for when he lists again!!!
Yea, thats what I did!

I'm also going to call the company to confirm he is an authorized dealer & they will honor the warranty.
He said he is an authorized dealer & by the amount of new gear he has listed I'm guessing he has a B&M store (it shows him in NJ) & also sells online but I don't want to get burned if they don't approve of him selling their gear online.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #9

No.
I do periodically buy small things or software. I also sell things every once in awhile but it's turned into such a rip of fest I have to wait until I forget how awful the experience was before trying again.
Yuck
Let them fall away"
narcoticprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #10

I find eBay is a great way to empty my garage.

I rarely ever buy on there though as prices go way higher than the things are worth, and for audio gear have heard way to many bad stories. I too prefer to use Audiogon for my used audio equipment transactions and have been using them for almost 10 years without a problem.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #11
Super Moderator

A lot of vendors have lists of authorized resellers on their websites, so I would start my search there, especially if the items are significantly expensive, and I was concerned with obtaining and maintaining factor support (For "vintage" items that I do not expect free support to be available, but I will be interested in parts supply, etc).

I've noticed that the bidding frenzy I observe for some big ticket items (probably caused by a mixture of inexperienced bidders and possibly friends of the seller), causes the "winning" bid to skyrocket to more than I think the items are worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Yea, thats what I did!

I'm also going to call the company to confirm he is an authorized dealer & they will honor the warranty.
He said he is an authorized dealer & by the amount of new gear he has listed I'm guessing he has a B&M store (it shows him in NJ) & also sells online but I don't want to get burned if they don't approve of him selling their gear online.
Old 03-18-2008   #12

Since we're happening to be discussing ebay, I just won an auction for a pair of

DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGIES UIW-BPZ/A BPZ A IN WALL SPEAKERS 1 $350.00 USD
I've been looking for a discounted pair for a long time and the price is right. Retail: $750 pair
So the total was $350.00
handling & shipping __$34.95____
total price $384.95

I will use them as rear L & R surrounds powered by a rotel 1080B 200w/channel amp.
I'll take the def tech UIW BP/A speakers I presently use as the L & R surrs and put them in the ceiling to replace the Def Tech UIW 65 units already being the center back speakers also powered by a 1080B amp. I'll put the Def Tech UIW 65 units in my bedroom. If you understand this nod OK.

UIW BPZ/A Specifications
Mounting Dimensions:
Outer Flange Size: 8-1/2" W x 14-3/4"H
Cut-Out Size: 7-7/16" W x 13-5/8" H
Depth from Flange (including drywall thickness): 3-3/4"
Frequency Response: 26 Hz 30 kHz
Rec. Assoc. Amp.: 10 300 Watts/channel
Nominal Impedance: 4 8 ohms
Driver Compliment:
Two 6-1/2" Bass/Midrange Drivers with Non-Resonant Cast Baskets
Two 1" Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeters
Canted Bipolar Baffle System
Finish: White, can be painted.

UIW BP/A Specifications
Mounting Dimensions:
Outer Flange Size: 7-1/8" W x 12-1/2" H
Cut-Out Size:6-1/8" W x 11-7/16" H
Depth from Flange (including drywall thickness): 3-5/8"
Frequency Response: 28 Hz 30 kHz
Rec. Assoc. Amp.: 10 250 Watts/channel
Nominal Impedance: 4 8 ohms
Driver Compliment:
Two 5-1/4" Bass/Midrange Drivers with Non-Resonant Cast Baskets
Two 1" Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeters
Canted Bipolar Baffle System
Finish: White, can be painted.
Retail: $499 pair
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
3a, auction, audio, authorized, buy, buying, ebay, equipment, fosgate, gear, home, parts, price, theater, theatre, warranty