Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-11-2008   #7

Default Re: Audio-fool trends in the industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
the guy next to me had a beer can wrapped in aluminum foil (shiny side in, by the way).
Are you sure it wasn't just to hide the Milwaukee's Best label??
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #8

My wife and I went to Best Buy last night to get a regular house phone. I decided to look around at the multitude of minaturized gadgets lined up on many displays. What a bunch of useless looking gadgets, minature speakers, Ipods, tripods, Quadrapods?, and tons of batteries and headphones. I truly had no idea what 90% of this creazap was but I'm sure many young people are shelling out big $$ for this stuff!

I swear Bose junk doesn't look so bad after seeing this. How can one enjoy music coming out of these minaturized gadgets?.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #9

I've seen them too. I thought they were misplaced stuff from the toy aisle at first glance.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #10

Well, I agree that cellphone-speakers sound like crap. There is something to say for portability and the option to let a few friends of yours hear it on (cellphone-)speakers though - especially if you're out in the middle of nowhere.

On a few occasions on vacation I've plugged in my mp3-player to an old radio (probably from around the 30's), and enjoyed it because I didn't have better equipment near. Granted, even those speakers on the radio sound alot better than cellphone-speakers, but still, I get the idea of people using their cellphone in that way.

So for me relatively good sounding, small, portable speakers is a good thing - they don't need to sound "Hi-fi" or anywhere near to be enjoyable.
I have pretty high demands on headphones though...
Murich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audiofool, audiovideo, end, fi, fool, fools, hey, high, industry, lo, overview, recording, trends, video