Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-11-2008   #7

Default Re: Honda vs. Mercedes

I have been shopping for a replacement to my 911 Twin Turbo and have been looking at a Ferrari 575m used. The market has KILLED these cars in the last year (much like my 911 but for bigger dollars) and the salesman (who I know and who is cool) said "the Maranello - the most reliable Ferrari out there". I got scared.

Moreover, I can't seem to find one to drive or play with as they aren't made anymore. There is one in my old home town of Philly but I am not going to fly back JUST to see if I want it.

Maybe I can put more of my money in the stock market. That seems to be a loser for me every day but perhaps cheaper than an oil change on a Ferrari!!!!
Old 03-24-2008   #8

I think I am over the whole expensive fast cars thing. I personally came to the realization I will never have the funds to truly drive them as they should be (all out on the track) and therefore will only be wasting them and my money on maintaining them.

I am keeping my Honda element and truly enjoy not giving a rats butt about it. If it gets scratched or damaged, so what???

There is something very liberating about not caring about your car!

That said, I look really good in a 575!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
. . . cheaper than an oil change on a Ferrari!!!!
How's it go. . . it you have worry about the price of an oil change, then you can't afford the car. . . or something like that. . . ha ha

I decided to wait for the V10 NSX and Lotus Esprit to come out.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #10

Put a V10 in the Lotus Esprit and their won't be room for a munchkin in the cab, forget about keeping it on the road under full throttle!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Jim,

Apparently the gauges have an issue with the needles falling off, mine said only that I owned a 2007 Element that was in need of this, maybe yours was later and they already fixed it...

joyjoyeee,

While I really love my Toaster their is something about 380 horses with the top down that is just not duplicated in the Element...
Saw this at the Dallas Auto Show yesterday. . . you need to paint your toaster like this. . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG2499.jpg (88.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2500.jpg (88.6 KB, 8 views)
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I think I am over the whole expensive fast cars thing. I personally came to the realization I will never have the funds to truly drive them as they should be (all out on the track) and therefore will only be wasting them and my money on maintaining them.

I am keeping my Honda element and truly enjoy not giving a rats butt about it. If it gets scratched or damaged, so what???

There is something very liberating about not caring about your car!

That said, I look really good in a 575!
I`m not. Still holding out. The track would be nice, however, there is something about having that engine under the hood, while on the interstate or highway, and saying see ya!!!!!!!! at anytime. Its about the fun. Now, here is the question kenny and Jerry, what gives the most natural high, or pleasure, 0 - 60 in your favorite sports car, or Isaac Hayes on your Meridian, Mark Lev, Revel, Wilson, Mythos, Esoteric, etc.???

Things make you say Hmmmmm.....
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
03, 15000, 20, ad, c230, car, compare, element, forum, honda, hondas, maintenance, mercedes, mile, tube, video